Could not connect until I turned on Bluetooth

Beemer

Despite many attempts I failed to get my WiiM Pro to WiFi connect following the correct sequence. It did connect as soon as I enabled Bluetooth on my phone. Why would that be necessary?

@Beemer
Because it's written in the manual!
And why is that important for you?
As soon as the initial setup is done you can forget bluetooth for the rest of life.

Edit: Or is it necessary each time you open the device?

I have been jumping between my house hifi using optical and trying to setup powerline ethernet in my garden summerhouse using line out. I am a newbie to WiiM so despite having read the manual I failed to setup after moving back and forth. The app setup procedure never mentions Bluetooth.

@Beemer
As many other items the WiiM uses BLE, Bluetooth Low Energy, for the first and initial setup. If Bluetooth on your phone or tablet is already active you will not notice it. If Bluetooth is off the WiiM app will ask to switch it on. Once that is done, you can switch of Bluetooth on your phone or tablet. Or use it for other things.
The part with powerline ethernet and line out I did not really understand..
If you use coax in one place and line out in another you have to switch in the WiiM app to the appropriate audio out.

thanks it's clearer now. 'Powerline' is a technology that allows mains power lines to carry data and be converted into standard Ethernet at the end connected to the device e.g. a WiiM.

I know, we tried the Fritz Powerline adapters, because we use the Fritzboxes in business and private. Much better than this wifi extenders! So your garden house is part of the same power net than your house?

Back