Could not stream from youtube music with chromecast

Vanoid

Hello everybody!
I cannot stream from youtube music original app for android with chromecast. Both devices connected to the same 5ghz network. I push chromecast icon, choose Wiim, then "connecting" appears and nothing happends. If i choose another source to stream with chromecast - streaming starts normally. If i try to stream from another app with chromecast - its works without any troubles. Streaming with chromecast with third party app AirMusicCl also works fine. Also works streaming with google home app, as described here. Any ideas, how to fix it?
Android 14
Youtube music 7.23.51 with premium plan
Wiim pro with latest firmware

Last edited:
Maybe, but here Wiim team says, that it is possible to stream youtube music with chromecast
You are both correct as YouTube and YouTube Music are two different apps. YouTube won't work, but YouTube Music will.

Anyhow, try the suggestion in #5. Since casting with other apps works, and your device did show up as an option, it means your device is not loading the YT Music web player, likely due to network issues. You should submit a feedback to YT Music if changing DNS doesn't help.

you can from a web browser or in the case of Android cast at the device level rather than the app level.
I started the Toutube app on an Android tablet and then set the device to cast to my Pro and it works
Yeah, as mentioned here recently

Back