Create "Group" missing?

lo_cheng

Hi, I use Chromecast before that I can create group for many device. Same as Sonos.
I just move to WIIM. One thing I can't find is how to create group.

I done some search and seem like it should be on DEVICE screen and I can create a persistent group.
Example: a group name "Main floor" that included Kitchen, Dining room, Family room, Living room.
another group name "Basement" that include Bar area, hallway, poker area, pool area.

I check my app ( up-to-date) and I can't find that option.
Can anyone help?

WiiM groups can consist of WiiM devices, only. You cannot mix them with other devices. Persistent groups is a feature which is still under development, as far as I remember.

You can also group WiiM devices with other Google Cast enabled devices into Google Cast groups. This must be done inside the Google Home app.

WiiM groups can consist of WiiM devices, only. You cannot mix them with other devices. Persistent groups is a feature which is still under development, as far as I remember.

You can also group WiiM devices with other Google Cast enabled devices into Google Cast groups. This must be done inside the Google Home app.
I know they all need to be WiiM.

What I mean was i replaced all my Chromecast AND Sonos with WiiM and now notice I can't do that.

I used to have all Chromecast for 2nd floor and basement (active speakers) and Sonos on main floor (ceiling speakers).

Now i can't do group to play music on whole floor.

:(

I know they all need to be WiiM.

What I mean was i replaced all my Chromecast AND Sonos with WiiM and now notice I can't do that.

I used to have all Chromecast for 2nd floor and basement (active speakers) and Sonos on main floor (ceiling speakers).

Now i can't do group to play music on whole floor.

:(
Post a screenshot of the "Device" tab, please, showing all your WiiM gear.

Hi, I use Chromecast before that I can create group for many device. Same as Sonos.
I just move to WIIM. One thing I can't find is how to create group.

I done some search and seem like it should be on DEVICE screen and I can create a persistent group.
Example: a group name "Main floor" that included Kitchen, Dining room, Family room, Living room.
another group name "Basement" that include Bar area, hallway, poker area, pool area.

I check my app ( up-to-date) and I can't find that option.
Can anyone help?

Hi,
To follow your example, you can currently only create one group, "Main Floor," "Basement," or "All Floors." If you already have a main floor group, you will need to rebuild the group when you want to play music in the basement group.

Sorry, you can create multiple groups as long as the same device does not overlap between two groups. Thus it is possible to create the main floor and the basement at the same time, but currently it would be difficult to play same music all groups at the same time.

As you and @harkpabst mentioned, the persistent group feature currently under development allows you to create and control multiple groups at the same time.

Please wait a while until this feature is available. Alternatively, you can submit a support ticket through the WiiM home app and ask if you can get the beta firmware and beta app for persistent groups.

Last edited:
Back