CUE sheet support over SMB?

Popal

I really enjoy this new feature as I always use my folder structure when playing my local music.

Is the CUE+MP3/CUE+FLAC support planned in a future release? I've read that this is supported by LMS but I'd really like not to install another music management software on my network (already using the Synology DLNA software + Plex/Amp).

Thanks

Haven’t seen any sign of that on the roadmap. Best submitting a feature request ticket via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM Home app

Presumably the indexing for this (if any) is on the device running WiiM App?

I really enjoy this new feature as I always use my folder structure when playing my local music.

Is the CUE+MP3/CUE+FLAC support planned in a future release? I've read that this is supported by LMS but I'd really like not to install another music management software on my network (already using the Synology DLNA software + Plex/Amp).

Thanks
Plex (if running the UPnP support) also exposes your Music on a By Folder basis. Doesn’t the Synology DLNA server also do this?

I can't see the point- if I edit tag in a file, and it still sees cue file in database (of the old tag info) it just doesn't work propely.

I can't see the point- if I edit tag in a file, and it still sees cue file in database (of the old tag info) it just doesn't work propely.
CUE+FILE was the best way to get a gapless playback of a live or mixed CD before the feature became a thing. I have many albums from back in the days in this format. The CUE file would tell the player that Track 2 starts at 5:32 and would provide artist and title infos as well

Plex (if running the UPnP support) also exposes your Music on a By Folder basis. Doesn’t the Synology DLNA server also do this?
Both Plex and Audio Station present the folder structure but none of them support CUE+FILE.

CUE+FILE was the best way to get a gapless playback of a live or mixed CD before the feature became a thing. I have many albums from back in the days in this format. The CUE file would tell the player that Track 2 starts at 5:32 and would provide artist and title infos as well

I've always have players that supported gapless, so not a problem. PLus tagging has artist and info

Both Plex and Audio Station present the folder structure but none of them support CUE+FILE.
Why don't you convert them to tracks given how easy it is nowadays e.g. CUETools, foobar2000 etc.
Admittedly I've never tried to batch split MP3s but there was a tool that split them in a lossless and gapless manner. I think it might have been Mp3splt but I'm away at the moment so can't test.

I won't do that. There are way too many of them.
I lived with that until now. A feature like that would be a nice to have though

That's why batch conversion exists ;-)

Do a test conversion to check parameters are correct
Windows explorer, search *.cue
drag across to foobar
Convert to flac, individual files
Either convert to existing directory or a new main branch, determine if everything is ok, once you're happy delete original large single file flacs.

Better compatibility and tagging, but you can't leave something running?

Better compatibility and tagging, but you can't leave something running?

yeah I can't understand the whining, ie the alac issue with wiim and squeezelite. Just convert from alac to flac. What's the big deal?

I've been doing digital music with LMS for approaching 20 years. About 10 years in I decided I needed to add Replay Gain tags to my entire already quite large library. I ummed and ahhhd, made sure I had a backup and then after lots of further pondering I bit the bullet and set Foobar2000 off on the task on a batch basis against the files on my NAS. I need not have worried it worked perfectly. The only caveat I'd make is that I would not have tried it with a wireless connection.

yeah I can't understand the whining, ie the alac issue with wiim and squeezelite. Just convert from alac to flac. What's the big deal?
The ALAC issue is a little different if you're on iOS given that native apple apps don't support it (just have LMS transcode it), but yes, convert to tracks once and enjoy the freedom of choice and rich metadata!

Back