Dark View

Any way to disable dark mode? Too dark when outside.

Scott
That is the color scheme of the WiiM home app, not due to the dark mode. You might be worth trying the user assistance feature on your smart phone.
(However, it is also possible that the maximum brightness of the phone screen is insufficient.)

Hmm I'm not seeing that info I've got "Dark View" as the title in new posts (on android)

Same here. I'm just seeing "Dark View" in "New Posts" when I log onto the forum on my computer. Hence the confusion.

You need to wander backwards a little to discover that it's under Wim Home App > Settings. It's not at all obvious.

Last edited:
Hmm I'm not seeing that info I've got "Dark View" as the title in new posts (on android)
Once this thread is open there should be a small heading named "Settings" above the title, even on low res devices like a smartphone in portrait mode. The top category WiiM Home App might not be displayed in this case.

Looks like the responsive design of XenForo is playing it overly save here. There surely would be enough screen estate at list in this case ...

Yes, referring to the app.

Open the Vision tab under Accessibility in Android Settings and try several methods.

High Contrast text
IMG_20240601_120725.jpg
(This function may not be available depending on the model.)

High Contrast text / off
IMG_20240601_120914.jpg

High Contrast text / on
IMG_20240601_120935.jpg

Color inversion shortcut
IMG_20240601_120845.jpg

When this is turned on, a shortcut button appears at the edge of the screen (Red circle). Tap the button to toggle it on and off.

However, the image is also color inverted. Personally, I find it easier to see with a dark background. Also, I could not save a screenshot. You can also use a magnifier.

Sorry if you already know this.

Back