Drop first second on Spotify connect

mangotam

hi. after the lastest update
spotify will drop the first second of the song is back, it happen before

when you choose to play the song. fade in fade out option is already disbale...

Any othe user have the same issue?

Thank Brantome... already submitted ticket
Hi mangotam I have got the same issue, and it seems like it only started happening since some time in September. Just wondering, did you get any feedback after you submitted your ticket?

It's really annoying when the first second or actually almost first 2 seconds are being dropped. It kinda feels like it's trying to do a fade-in. It only seems to happen when you select a song to play or when you skip the current song and go to the next song. If you would just let it play and automatically go the next song then it seems not to happen. I also figured it only happens with SpotifyConnect. If you use Spotify to connect to the WiiM Pro via Chromecast then this problem does not occur.

Hi mangotam I have got the same issue, and it seems like it only started happening since some time in September. Just wondering, did you get any feedback after you submitted your ticket?

It's really annoying when the first second or actually almost first 2 seconds are being dropped. It kinda feels like it's trying to do a fade-in. It only seems to happen when you select a song to play or when you skip the current song and go to the next song. If you would just let it play and automatically go the next song then it seems not to happen. I also figured it only happens with SpotifyConnect. If you use Spotify to connect to the WiiM Pro via Chromecast then this problem does not occur.
Hi.. yes.it is just happen at sept. Ticket submitted. Support reply they will try to fix it for next update..but till yesterday.. still the same

Same with me.
Since the last firmware update, for half of a second there is corrupted sound which occurs using the digital Toslink in and switching to a new song.

The ticket answer (sent to WiiM support) was not convenient: switching latency and fade in (cuts music information at the beginning of a song) did not solve the effect.

Let's hope for the next update...

Last edited:
As usual when an issue like this occurs, please submit a ticket to WiiM via the feedback section in the WiiM Home app even if others have already done so. Doing so gives WiiM more diagnostic information and helps them gauge the impact of the issue on the community of users as a whole.

Back