EQ measurement of the results/changes

baxtr

It would be awesome if you could add the same room correction results measurement feature to the EQ page. I would love to test my EQ changes, I find that room correction doesn't always fix all my bass nulls and this feature would allow users to tweak settings and really dial in the EQ.

You can tweak the room correction results on the peq page albeit in a slightly different fashion by either entering the new values or simply dragging points on the graph

Yes I do this but there is no way to remeasure the results. Wiim recently added the feature to remeasure the results after room correction is complete, this same feature on the PEQ page would be great.

Even a generic option on the settings page that launched the sound test measure feature without doing room correction would be nice.

Yes I do this but there is no way to remeasure the results. Wiim recently added the feature to remeasure the results after room correction is complete, this same feature on the PEQ page would be great.
I think the Android app is still missing the remeasure feature for room correction.

Absolutely 100% definitely.

Just a little more flexibility with room correction and PEQ would go a long way.

One possibility - in the same way you can tell room correction which frequencies to correct, it’d be great to be able to assign a number of PEQ bands to room correction.

So, as an example, tell room correction to use just 6 bands of PEQ, leaving the user with 4 bands to pay with.

Any room correction filters to be exported to PEQ, rather than having to dial in manually.

That sort of thing.

Then allow room correction to just measure what you’ve put in, a post-EQ measurement, without any further changes on suggestions. Just pure measurement, but after applying EQ.

It would be awesome if you could add the same room correction results measurement feature to the EQ page. I would love to test my EQ changes, I find that room correction doesn't always fix all my bass nulls and this feature would allow users to tweak settings and really dial in the EQ.
A word of warning , RC isn't really meant to fix serious bass nulls, it's appropriately used to reduce peaks. Boosting nulls reduces headroom and increases distortion by requiring multiple times amplifier power. Tread cautiously.

Last edited:
A word of warning , RC isn't really meant to fix serious bass nulls, it's appropriately used to reduce peaks. Boosting nulls reduces headroom and increases distortion by requiring multiple times amplifier power. Tread cautiously.
Yeah I realize that, I’m able to mostly cut to even out the bass response. My room has a dip around 50hz that I boost a bit.

Is it just me who’s missed this?

When you run room correction, go to PEQ. There’s a new custom EQ there called ‘Auto’. Auto is the room correction settings.

Turn room correction off, go to PEQ and select Auto, and you’ve effectively turned room correction back on, but you can play to your heart’s content.

Great feature!

When you run room correction, go to PEQ. There’s a new custom EQ there called ‘Auto’. Auto is the room correction settings.

Turn room correction off, go to PEQ and select Auto, and you’ve effectively turned room correction back on, but you can play to your heart’s content.

Great feature!
Think so, been there a wee while. I then save that under a different name with a date stamp etc so I can flip between different settings

Great feature!
Yep, just you...

Great feature!
Not on the WiiM pro

Think so, been there a wee while. I then save that under a different name with a date stamp etc so I can flip between different settings

I’ve posted in my other thread what I’ve done.

Post 12, currently at the bottom:

A very useful feature. That’s actually the second time recently that WiiM have included something useful in an update but not mentioned it in the release notes, or at least not that I’d seen.

Yep, just you...

I’ve missed its inclusion because I’ve only recently ran RC, so wouldn’t have seen it on the app.

What I meant was, have I missed the introduction of this excellent feature in the official update notes.

Why do so less people upvote this feature request? It would so great to do a pure measurement every time you want!

Where can you read how to properly set up a eq or peq?
I mean there must be enough people here who aren't familiar with this aren't there?
I am so glad all the options with RC , multi band eq and peq possibilities Wiim offers.
I assume when not familiar with this you choose pre set options.
I mean how can you do it by yourself if you never have any experience to set up a eq,peq propperly?
That's what I'm missing.. explanation for a beginner..
I mean let's imagine a amp with treble,bass knobs..that clear and simple. Do you understand what I'm saying?
But having a 10 band or 20 band peq..I I'm very glad with Wim providing this for me..very much..and a can imagine the possibilities of it.
But how will a noob make changes when hasn't any clue of what he's doing?
If you dont have the propper knowledge the chance of making things only worse is absolutely there..
I mean where is are the kids? Where is the mid range? The bass and so on.
Difficult for a beginner.
Again I miss more information about this

Last edited:
Back