EQ measurement of the results/changes

baxtr

It would be awesome if you could add the same room correction results measurement feature to the EQ page. I would love to test my EQ changes, I find that room correction doesn't always fix all my bass nulls and this feature would allow users to tweak settings and really dial in the EQ.

Where can you read how to properly set up a eq or peq?
I mean there must be enough people here who aren't familiar with this aren't there?
I am so glad all the options with RC , multi band eq and peq possibilities Wiim offers.
I assume when not familiar with this you choose pre set options.
I mean how can you do it by yourself if you never have any experience to set up a eq,peq propperly?
That's what I'm missing.. explanation for a beginner..

Thanks..
But still i miss the information of how to adjust peq values after RC.
A noob has now idea at all what those automated peq values (created by RC) mean.
Or the created Graphics ..can you imagine its abracadabra for a noob?
Do you have to be a sound engineer understanding them?
For me looks like it.
Where are the highs? The lows? Mid range?
And can you have the option to change something RC did for you other then relying what it created?
Better to stick with it then because as a noob making some changes afterwards ( if you want) can only make things worse i think.
My opinion is ,a noob can only stick by pre sets because where to change anything if you dont have any knowledge what you are doing.

I miss the info about this subject would be very helpful if a beginner would get clear information about it. For instance on the Wiim website.
Really would appreciate if Wiim could do this for those who haven't any experience with digital eq,peq..
Its like a beginner getting tools to work with without explanation how to properly use them. That's how it feels to me.
Again being very glad to have RC and all the pre sets.
It works absolutely great.
But as a noob you would experiment something to you're liking if you wanted.
And then I say..: I have tools but don't know how to use them.

Last edited:
Thanks..
But still i miss the information of how to adjust peq values after RC.
A noob has now idea at all what those automated peq values (created by RC) mean.
Or the created Graphics ..can you imagine its abracadabra for a noob?
Do you have to be a sound engineer understanding them?
For me looks like it.
Where are the highs? The lows? Mid range?
And can you have the option to change something RC did for you other then relying what it created?
Better to stick with it then because as a noob making some changes afterwards ( if you want) can only make things worse i think.
My opinion i a noob van only stick by pre sets because where to change anything if you dont have any knowledge what you are doing.

I miss the info about this subject would be very helpful if a beginner would get clear information about it. For instance on the Wiim website
There is a frequency axis on the PEQ filter graph. Best way to find out how changing filter gain and Q affects the equalisation is to see what happens to the curve when you change them. One important thing to remember is that if the room correction boosts any frequencies then you need to reduce the maximum output to avoid clipping. There are a few threads concerning this.

There is a frequency axis on the PEQ filter graph. Best way to find out how changing filter gain and Q affects the equalisation is to see what happens to the curve when you change them. One important thing to remember is that if the room correction boosts any frequencies then you need to reduce the maximum output to avoid clipping. There are a few threads concerning this.
Thanks.
I guess I have to read those topics first.
I mean how can I noob know what RC did peak some of the frequency? If it did anyway?
How can he know to change the sound if he doesn't know to do it ,?
How may you have the need to change if you don't know what you can change?
What can a noob know when there is clipping and how to change that.
He can only trust his ears of what changes be made by a pre set( bass,akoestic) or after applying RC.
Those graphics say nothing to me.
How could they ..I'm no sound engineer.
I will have to read a lot more I think.
But I really would appreciate if Wiim could provide simple explanations of using a eq or peq...so a inexperienced customer understands the tools he's been provided with.

Example..the pre sets before RC..
So I have to know the frequency range of my speakers and set it within those boundaries?
Ok enough for now...
I will inform me lots of more of the subject now.
I'm willing to learn.
The info on the RC side of things is quite clear..you will have to experience for yourself I assume.
I must say I was pleased with the results even though I have use the default settings. Even if I never did check the frequency range if my speakers of made changes to gain or Q .
I wish I knew more so that you can adjust some more of needed.
Then you would have to know what you are doing.
I will inform myself more now..than I can come up with some more questions.
So glad with all that all the great tools wiim provided i will learn more so hopefully i can adjust a system exactly to own preferences.
Again I'm very pleased with the pre sets and excellent changes that they are making. Only thing that I'm saying as a noob you want to use the self adjusting possibilities too.
Thanks for all the replies and help.

So I have to know the frequency range of my speakers and set it within those boundaries?
Ok enough for now...
I'm willing to learn.
The info on the RC side of things is quite clear..you will have to experience for yourself I assume.
I must say I was pleased with the results even though I have use the default settings. Even if I never did check the frequency range if my speakers of made changes to gain or Q .
So glad with all that all the great tools wiim provided i will learn more so hopefully i can adjust a system exactly to own preferences.
Again I'm very pleased with the pre sets and excellent changes that they are making. Only thing that I'm saying as a noob you want to use the self adjusting possibilities too.

If you can find a detailed review and measurements of your speakers, that’ll help you know where their tonality isn’t perfect.

If you can find a detailed review and measurements of your speakers, that’ll help you know where their tonality isn’t perfect.
Than you for your reply.
I used the default settings and saved the auto settings of the RC.
I must say I was pleased with the results i will keep RC.
But i have to inform myself more in how to set every up this way for _ maybe _ even better results.
Because how will you know it can be even better if you dont have anything to compare?
How will you know if you can adjust a eq even better than a pre set chosen one if a costumer has no knowledge at all what all those frequencies mean and how to change them to your liking?
What is a Harman kurve? What does it change choosing another curve according to RC? Lots of questions from a noob I guess.
And a beginner has to ask himself..will all the effort make a huge change other then the pre sets wiim provided us with?
You will have to rely on RC ... what it can do for a beginner but change's making by yourself ?..then you the customer has to increase has knowledge about the subject.
I mean I heard Darko saying in one of his videos he doesn't use eq at all. Again he doesn't talk about RC. But when I remember it correctly I heard him say this..using no EQ.
So a noob has t ask himself talking about EQ with will all the work benefit a lot adjusting a system with his minimal knowledge..and will increase his knowledge gain a lot?

Best way to go like something with Photoshop..change or try you're tools. Don't like it ? Go back or to default..that's the best way.
And do increase the knowledge about working with the EQ so you could make you're best personal sound signature.

Last edited:
Ok enough for now...
I'm willing to learn.

There may be an easy to understand "How to PEQ" video on Youtube. 🤔😉

Back