Fade in - Fade out: is it just me?

MCG555

Most music I listen via streaming (Spotify) and own local genre playlists.
Cross Fade is a great feature, because especially with mixed albums the crossing from one to another song can be brutal! Spotify as well as environments like good old LMS mangage these issues brilliantly.
Not so WiiM! Why are these functions „grayed out“ when listening e.g. to Spotify.
Or even better, why not expand on these functionality and allow the user to determine if he wants e.g. 10 sec. Cross-Fade?

Probably because Spotify doesn't want to make this feature available through Spotify Connect. You'll need to ask them.

Personally, I'm not interested in cross fading between songs at all as I'm not the guy setting up party playlists. ;) I'm also not a big fan of fade-in and fade-out, but have it currently enabled just to help suppress popping or clicking noise.

Probably because Spotify doesn't want to make this feature available through Spotify Connect. You'll need to ask them.

Personally, I'm not interested in cross fading between songs at all as I'm not the guy setting up party playlists. ;) I'm also not a big fan of fade-in and fade-out, but have it currently enabled just to help suppress popping or clicking noise.
Has nothing to do with „party“ at all! 😉
And has little to do with Spotify alone! As mentioned, this exist with any playlist in any genre on any streaming platform or local when you have seamlessly mixed content.

It has to do with Spotify if you want cross-fading on Spotify content, for sure. ;) Or any other streaming provider.

Don't take my party comment literal. I was just joking. But when I think about it ... seamlessly mixed content ... yeah, party!

It has to do with Spotify if you want cross-fading on Spotify content, for sure. ;) Or any other streaming provider.

Don't take my party comment literal. I was just joking. But when I think about it ... seamlessly mixed content ... yeah, party!

Read carefully please! I mentioned local content as well!
If you don‘t like mixed content, fine for you.
I would appreciate constructive solution oriented approaches, thank you…

For constructive solution orientated approaches there are sub-forums for feature request. Community members can vote ideas up and down there. WiiM might even pay attention.

For constructive solution orientated approaches there are sub-forums for feature request. Community members can vote ideas up and down there. WiiM might even pay attention.
Thank you.
Where would you post it then? I was not sure where to post as it is detached from a specific product… Under feature request?

For serious listening I’m mostly an album person but during the day I usually listen to a varied dynamically generated playlist but I may manually add a whole album from time to time. I most definitely use Smart Crossfade. I’m not partying, I’m working with some nice background music.

Smart Crossfade is an LMS thing. It may exist elsewhere but I’ve not seen it. It applies crossfade except where consecutive tracks are from the same album.

For serious listening I’m mostly an album person but during the day I usually listen to a varied dynamically generated playlist but I may manually add a whole album from time to time. I most definitely use Smart Crossfade. I’m not partying, I’m working with some nice background music.

Smart Crossfade is an LMS thing. It may exist elsewhere but I’ve not seen it. It applies crossfade except where consecutive tracks are from the same album.
I used Smart Crossfade in LMS as well! Clever thing!

As mentioned above, I don’t believe crossfade, volume normalisation etc are available using Spotify Connect on any platform, not just WiiM - see https://support.spotify.com/uk/article/tracks-transitions/

Hmm, I am not familiar woth other Spotify Connect implementations, other than WiiM and Apple Carplay. In Carplay Normaization and Crossfade work.
In LMS there is a plugin for Spotify, there it works too (but it is not a Connectpoint)

Hmm, I am not familiar woth other Spotify Connect implementations, other than WiiM and Apple Carplay. In Carplay Normaization and Crossfade work.
In LMS there is a plugin for Spotify, there it works too (but it is not a Connectpoint)
Did you try using Spotify Connect with LMS?

I wouldn’t have thought CarPlay was using Spotify Connect, just playing on the device on which Spotify was running. But as that Spotify link says, crossfade isn’t supported when using Spotify Connect independent of the platform being cast to. So again, not a WiiM issue.

I wouldn’t have thought CarPlay was using Spotify Connect, just playing on the device on which Spotify was running. But as that Spotify link says, crossfade isn’t supported when using Spotify Connect independent of the platform being cast to. So again, not a WiiM issue.

Hmm, what is the difference? Sorry for the stupid question.

Is Spotify on Carplay a Bluetooth connection? For Bluetooth playback, you can use crossfades.

Hmm, what is the difference? Sorry for the stupid question.
Spotify Connect is used when the device playing the audio isn’t the same device as is controlling it. So when you use the Spotify app on your phone to play on your phone, that’s not using Spotify Connect. However, if you are using the app on your phone to send music to another device like your WiiM device, your amp or anything else, that’s when you invoke Spotify Connect and the audio is “cast” directly from the cloud service to the target device without passing through your phone.

Back