Fade in - Fade out: is it just me?

Doesn't Carplay work the same way as Echo auto? 🤔 (Use phone communication and Bluetooth.)
According to Wikipedia: “The iPhone can connect to the car through a USB cable or wirelessly in two ways: by exchanging network credentials with a supporting CarPlay receiver over Bluetooth, establishing a two-way Wi-Fi connection; or by using a dongle adapter to enable a wireless connection to the system's USB port.”

I see it like a separate screen and wireless speakers locally connected to your phone as an extension to the app, unlike Spotify Connect which delivers audio from the cloud to an entirely separate device which can continue playing even if your phone is later switched off.

According to Wikipedia: “The iPhone can connect to the car through a USB cable or wirelessly in two ways: by exchanging network credentials with a supporting CarPlay receiver over Bluetooth, establishing a two-way Wi-Fi connection; or by using a dongle adapter to enable a wireless connection to the system's USB port.”

I see it like a separate screen and wireless speakers locally connected to your phone as an extension to the app, unlike Spotify Connect which delivers audio from the cloud to an entirely separate device which can continue playing even if your phone is later switched off.
Yes, I asked Gemini and got the same answer. I am not sure...😂

Presumably, if the OP's car audio system has a SIM card, he can use Spotify connect, and if not, he transfers the music played on his iPhone to the car audio system... But I don't know.🤔

Yes, I asked Gemini and got the same answer. I am not sure...😂

Presumably, if the OP's car audio system has a SIM card, he can use Spotify connect, and if not, he transfers the music played on his iPhone to the car audio system... But I don't know.🤔
But then he’d need to use his phone to cast to the CarPlay system which surely rather defeats the point of having CarPlay to conveniently and safely play back music in his car?

But then he’d need to use his phone to cast to the CarPlay system which surely rather defeats the point of having CarPlay to conveniently and safely play back music in his car?
To be honest, I've never used Carplay before, so it's all imaginary. 😅 I could be wrong.

That is also so if she uses Carplay wireless with BT on.
In that case, will the music stop when you close the Spotify app on your iPhone?

Spotify Connect is used when the device playing the audio isn’t the same device as is controlling it. So when you use the Spotify app on your phone to play on your phone, that’s not using Spotify Connect. However, if you are using the app on your phone to send music to another device like your WiiM device, your amp or anything else, that’s when you invoke Spotify Connect and the audio is “cast” directly from the cloud service to the target device without passing through your phone.

But then how does LMS do it with their plug-in. It also is no connect poi t but still plays it e.g on SqueezeboxTouch…

If you have been playing something via CarPlay and get out of the car playback stops. If you get back into the car and start up it resumes (mostly). The corresponding app doesn't have to even be open on your phone. I use PlexAmp with CarPlay.

It needs Bluetooth to connect but then builds up a WLan connection …
Therefore, I think you are transferring the iPhone music to the car audio system through the local network. So you can enable crossfade.

Therefore, I think you are transferring the iPhone music to the car audio system through the local network. So you can enable crossfade.

Not sure whst‘s your point. Carplay is/was just an other example.
LMS can doit.
WiiM too, but not smart and user defined as LMS…

Back