Finally able to playback at 96khz but…

luis.malaga

Hey everyone. Finally I am able to playback 92khz master files from Tidal! Which is amazing.

However, whenever a song or album comes up at 88.2khz it get’s silent. Show some progress in the timeline but no sound!

This is a huge bummer, because it took me quite a while to get all wiim’s settings right in order to playback at 92khz. Unfortunately there are many master quality albums available at tidal that are mastered at 88.2khz!

Dear @Matias and @Mr Ee ,

Thanks for your willingness to help. Im currently using an Edifier r2750db pair of speakers with toslink connection. Manufacturers say 96khz is maximum. But I checked the speakers manual and they only support 44.1;48 and 96… thanks guys!

Yes, some older decoders in DACs (and apparently in active monitors too) have this weird limitation of accepting up to 24/96 but specifically not 24/88, I don't know why...

Dear @Matias and @Mr Ee ,

Thanks for your willingness to help. Im currently using an Edifier r2750db pair of speakers with toslink connection. Manufacturers say 96khz is maximum. But I checked the speakers manual and they only support 44.1;48 and 96… thanks guys!
So what's your solution?
New speakers? ;)
Or maybe just disable mqa beta and let everything come through as 44.1 / 48? It'll still sound fine...

You know the kind of person we are dealing with in this place. Even we, considered low budget audiophiles, spend a considerable amount of money with gear. However I will have to wait! Went to check how much for a HiRes pair of speakers in Brazil and they are quite expensive! I will try switching MQA on and off to see how it goes for me.

Back