Firmware upgrade process needs improvements with multiple devices

madbrain

I have 12 WiiM Pro Plus. Whenever there is a firmware update, and I open the WiiM Android app, I'm prompted to install the update. There is no indication of which device is being upgraded.

Then, once it's finished, I have to not just close, but forcibly kill the app, and then re-open it. And I get prompted again, to upgrade the next device.

And so on, 12 times.

It takes on average 5 minutes to upgrade a single device, and thus, for me, it takes 1 hour to perform a firmware upgrade. And that's if I watch it and kill the app every 5 minutes. I have not been doing that, and started the first device upgrade about 10 hours ago, and I'm still not done with all of them.

Improvements I would like to see :
1) if there is more than one device, show the list of devices that can be upgraded upfront
2) have a checkbox for each entry on the list to enable/disable the upgrade. All devices should be pre-selected by default
3) once the upgrade is approved, have all the upgrades performed in parallel, with a progress bar for each
These devices are all independent of each other, so there is no reason they can't all perform upgrades at once

Yeah, I’d prefer the devices screen to be where all upgrade actions are taken and progress shown. There could be icons showing an (i) to check if there’s an upgrade, the next showing there is an upgrade like we do get shown already, with small progress icons and time remaining when a device is being updated. There’s more than enough room to show that on each device rectangle independently of other devices - that way you could choose to update one or more at a time but still leave others free to play, rather than locking up the app as currently happens.

I have 12 WiiM Pro Plus. Whenever there is a firmware update, and I open the WiiM Android app, I'm prompted to install the update. There is no indication of which device is being upgraded.

Then, once it's finished, I have to not just close, but forcibly kill the app, and then re-open it. And I get prompted again, to upgrade the next device.

And so on, 12 times.

It takes on average 5 minutes to upgrade a single device, and thus, for me, it takes 1 hour to perform a firmware upgrade. And that's if I watch it and kill the app every 5 minutes. I have not been doing that, and started the first device upgrade about 10 hours ago, and I'm still not done with all of them.

Improvements I would like to see :
1) if there is more than one device, show the list of devices that can be upgraded upfront
2) have a checkbox for each entry on the list to enable/disable the upgrade. All devices should be pre-selected by default
3) once the upgrade is approved, have all the upgrades performed in parallel, with a progress bar for each
These devices are all independent of each other, so there is no reason they can't all perform upgrades at once
Hi madbrain,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

I will share this with our team immediately to enhance the user experience for the firmware update process. We are committed to continuous improvement and will keep you updated.

Stay tuned for enhancements.

Back