Gapless annoying

Skull

I cannot turn gapless off on Qobuz no matter what I do and it’s annoying
When I listen to an album I like to hear it fade out and play all the track not cut off the last 10 to 15 seconds not bothered by it doing on playlists but albums I do any ideas?
BTW I included a screenshot of my playlist screen when it does it
1728581577892.png

Do you have another WiiM device to try, to determine whether your issue is specific to your Ultra, or to other WiiM devices as well?

I have never had this issue with Qobuz, but I don’t have an Ultra.

Do you have another WiiM device to try, to determine whether your issue is specific to your Ultra, or to other WiiM devices as well?

I have never had this issue with Qobuz, but I don’t have an Ultra.
Not at the moment but it’s odd that it’s just Qobuz not Amazon

I don’t think we are talking about “gapless” are we?

Gapless is where there is deliberately no gap between tracks. Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon being an example. If you hear a gap between tracks then your player is either set up wrong or not gapless capable.

Here it seems we are talking about premature end to a track that should fade out before the next track starts? Is this right? If so what do you hear at -0.18?

I’m assuming Ultra. Someone else has a similar issue but Amazon. I suggest raise a ticket from inside the App

WiiM app only and only on Qobuz I don’t use chrome cast
[Ticket No.514157]

This appears to be a issue with the seek bar display.

I got the same result in my tests under certain conditions. However, the music was not cut off in the middle. However, the seek bar on the WHA and Ultra screens may show a different time than it actually does.

For Amazon music, I got the same results with playback from WHA and Alexa cast. Playing the track from the beginning does not cause the problem, but moving the seek bar causes the time to be off.

In addition, WiiM amp automatically corrects the incorrect time display, but Ultra does not.

It may also be a specific firmware issue, as I see the same problem with the WiiM amp pro.

<Ultra : Normal regeneration>
View attachment 1000001219.mp4

<Ultra : Playback in WHA and move the seek bar>
The seek bar advances to the next track at -00.09, but the music plays normally without interruption. (I got the same result with WiiM amp pro.)
View attachment 1000001218.mp4

<WiiM Amp : Playback in WHA and move the seek bar>
Moving the seek bar automatically corrects the incorrect numbers and does not cause any problems.
View attachment 1000001223.mp4

I submit a ticket.

Last edited:
@Skull, @d6jg ,

Could you please check again if the music is really cut?

Maybe the problem I am seeing is different from yours.
I don't see (hear) it as I am using LMS which works perfectly. I only commented really because the problem isn't gapless that is being incorrectly referred to.

I don't see (hear) it as I am using LMS which works perfectly. I only commented really because the problem isn't gapless that is being incorrectly referred to.
Sorry, I thought you saw the same problem because the auto-translation omitted "Someone else". 😅

@Skull, @d6jg ,

Could you please check again if the music is really cut?

Maybe the problem I am seeing is different from yours.
Ok more information I have factory reset my ultra and still music doesn’t fade out on tracks it ends on 5-10 seconds and next song starts
Now it won’t see my usb hard drive music sigh
Reformatting and copying music hopefully it works

Update
Still Qobuz cuts last 10 seconds off the end but all my owned Albums on my hard drive which now works fine and that doesn’t cut the end off the track
May switch streaming service when my subscription runs out I will wait and see 😊

Back