HDMI Arc not working on LG OLED 65B46LA

aquino

Hello,
I have problems with WiiM Amp connected by HDMI Arc to my new TV, 2024 LG OLED 65B46LA. I have no audio from WiiM AMP and when I’m trying to change volume all I see is striked circle (attachment), but LED indicators on WiiM seem to change volume. I tried changing everything to PCM, and changing every single setting in HDMI Arc (even enabling and disabling eArc), reconnecting cable to eArc port, rebooting both WiiM and LG TV. I really don’t know what to do and need help.
Thank You!

Attachments

• IMG_6792.jpeg
    IMG_6792.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Hello,
I have problems with WiiM Amp connected by HDMI Arc to my new TV, 2024 LG OLED 65B46LA. I have no audio from WiiM AMP and when I’m trying to change volume all I see is striked circle (attachment), but LED indicators on WiiM seem to change volume. I tried changing everything to PCM, and changing every single setting in HDMI Arc (even enabling and disabling eArc), reconnecting cable to eArc port, rebooting both WiiM and LG TV. I really don’t know what to do and need help.
Thank You!
Hi aquino,

Please send a ticket from the WiiM Home App by selecting 'Setting' tab > Feedback. We'll resolve this issue for you promptly. Thank you for your assistance and patience.

Have you solved this problem? I also have LG oled b4, hdmi arc does not work

Attachments

• IMG_9879.jpeg
    IMG_9879.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
I had similar issues with an LG TV and in my case found the problem to be the TV HDMI ARC seems to get 'stuck'. I was able to fix it when it happens by doing this:

* unplug the WiiM from HDMI
* Plug an audio&video source into the TV using the same HDMI connector used for ARC (DVD player, Chromecast, set to box, ...)
* Play something
* Unplug the device
* re plug the WiiM

This forces the HDMI controller for that connector in the TV to change direction to 'input' and back to 'output' and at least in my case fixes the issue (at least until it happens again, usually every few weeks, sometimes more often).

I had similar issues with an LG TV and in my case found the problem to be the TV HDMI ARC seems to get 'stuck'. I was able to fix it when it happens by doing this:

* Plug an audio&video source into the TV using the same HDMI connector used for ARC (DVD player, Chromecast, set to box, ...)
* Play something
* Unplug the device
* re plug the WiiM

This forces the HDMI controller for that connector in the TV to change direction to 'input' and back to 'output' and at least in my case fixes the issue (at least until it happens again, usually every few weeks, sometimes more often).
Which LG OLED TV do you have?

* Play something
* Unplug the device
* re plug the WiiM

Unfortunately, your method does not work on my TV

I have a similar HDMI issue with my LG TV (43UM75000PLM).

If I switch on my TV, it will boot on the WiiM Ultra. But the sound doesn't come on. The way I can fix this is by opening the WiiM app and going to the 'audio input' menu, and flicking 'Auto Sensing of Optical and HDMI' from on to off and on again. The WiiM then will start picking up sound from the TV.

I thought the issue might be my HDMI cable, so I upgraded to a 2.1 spec cable, and this made no difference to the issue :(

Anyone with issues mentioned above, please try my 'fix' method and report back. This is obviously broken, but it is worth knowing if LG TVs all behave in the same way.

I thought the issue might be my HDMI cable, so I upgraded to a 2.1 spec cable, and this made no difference to the issue :(
Just for the records: Are the cables you tried so far officially certified? HDMI 2.1 should not be necessary, since the WiiM Amp doesn't suport eARC anyway.

I won't promise that a certified cable will make a difference, though. Obviously the ARC/CEC standard itself appears to specified pretty badly. Look at other big forums like avforums.com and you will find tons of compatibility issues between lots of different devices. :(

Hi

My setup is LGC2 and Wiim Amp so I can’t tell for other devices.

At first I had problems like Tv was not recognising Wiim even I plug and replug it again several times. I used my own cable. In act of desperation I tried one included in Amp box it helped. Amp was recognised as hdmi device.

Then everything started to work but I had some moments that connection dropped.

So I disabled CEC, left HDMI autosening and auto sleep in 2 minutes of idle. Amp wakes up with signal from tv, it does not turn off when tv switched off but it is not a problem because of autosleep function.

I don’t know if it helps but for me more or less it works flawlessly.

Kris

Back