HDMI ARC no longer working

Duncan Clench

When I setup my WiiM amp I was getting sound through HDMI ARC from my LG TV 32LM637BPLA.

Now it has stopped working- no sound.

TV settings simplink is on ARC is selected and PCM

The LED on front of the amp is amber.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Does the LG have separate settings for ARC volume that have perhaps been reset? Have you tried rebooting your Amp under its settings in the WiiM app?

Does the LG have separate settings for ARC volume that have perhaps been reset? Have you tried rebooting your Amp under its settings in the WiiM app?
No settings for ARC volume that I can see, I have factory reset the TV and the Amp still no ARC sound

Do you have another hdmi cable you can use? Maybe it’s an hdmi handshaking issue - I’d remove the hdmi cable, turn off the tv and amp, turn on the tv, connect the hdmi cable then turn on the amp to see if that helps.

Do you have another hdmi cable you can use? Maybe it’s an hdmi handshaking issue - I’d remove the hdmi cable, turn off the tv and amp, turn on the tv, connect the hdmi cable then turn on the amp to see if that helps.
I'm using the supplied HDMI lead the TV reports the amp as a connected device

Select HDMI CEC on youre tv i would say..
I dont know if simplink is the same.
Search for hdmi cec.
Try selecting manually HDMI within the Wiim app.Then there must be sound..

Last edited:
Reset or restart TV..
Set volume higher with AB of the WIIM amp.
Hope this helps
Thanks but I had already reset everything to no avail

I have just had an email saying there is an issue and offering me a beta firmware

I have updated the firmware and ARC sound has been restored

Well it worked till I turned the TV off and on again - now no sound

Thanks but I had already reset everything to no avail

I have just had an email saying there is an issue and offering me a beta firmware

I have updated the firmware and ARC sound has been restored

Well it worked till I turned the TV off and on again - now no sound
Did WIIM say there was an issue with your device?
I would contact Wiim again now...

I would contact Wiim again now..
I experienced a similar issue with an LG TV. A bit of googling seems to indicate a chronic issue with LG and ARC.

The only way to 'fix' mine was a recipe I found on a forum somewhere (sorry forgot where) which consists of plugging another device into the HDMI ARC port such as a Chromecast or fire TV stick (anything that produces video/audio), in order to force the port to reconfigure as an input from the TV standpoint, then plug the WiiM back

This did it for me at least, I assume it forces the port to reconfigure properly by switching it back and forth between input and output

Hopefully this helps

I would contact Wiim again now...
I have, it's an ongoing process, the fault seems intermittent now- sometimes works sometimes doesn't

An odd thing is even when it does work I can no longer control amp volume with TV remote

Last edited:
I experienced a similar issue with an LG TV. A bit of googling seems to indicate a chronic issue with LG and ARC.

The only way to 'fix' mine was a recipe I found on a forum somewhere (sorry forgot where) which consists of plugging another device into the HDMI ARC port such as a Chromecast or fire TV stick (anything that produces video/audio), in order to force the port to reconfigure as an input from the TV standpoint, then plug the WiiM back

This did it for me at least, I assume it forces the port to reconfigure properly by switching it back and forth between input and output

Hopefully this helps
I have 2 LG TVs in the house up till recently they were both plugged into AVRs one Yamaha one Denon (RIP) - never again with Denon.

Never had any issues with ARC with the AVRs

Give it a try what bherren suggests.

Another thing you could try is using another hdmi cable.

Maybe resetting the TV again. Taking all the hdmi cables out first.
Then when the TV is rebooted,plugging only the wimm amp in and look what happens.
If it works plug in al the other hdmi connections.

I could also look out if you're tv is at the latest software.

I would search on the internet for simular issues according ARC and LG on the internet and this forum.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Back