HDMI CEC

Grze Gorz

Hi. I have a problem with my Wiim Ultra turning on every time I turn on the TV. The TV is connected to the Ultra with an HDMI cable, but I turned off the "HDMI-CEC Power Control" option on the Wiima - yet the Ultra turns on itself and changes the sound on the TV as soon as I turn on the TV. What could be the reason for this behavior?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-13-17-20-38-66_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-13-17-20-38-66_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 10
Not sure if this helps at all, but I’ve done some troubleshooting with the HDMI ARC connection for various reasons, and one thing I found is that rebooting both devices and physically removing and reinstalling the HDMI cable can be helpful. Granted, I was trying to get HDMI CEC working, as opposed to trying to disable it, but maybe it wouldn’t hurt to try if you haven’t done so already!

Hi everybody
I have the same problem as Grze Groz, and rebooting and reinstalling everything didn't change anything...
Any clue? Maybe a software issue?

Just don't use the hdmi, it will always be a pita. Don't know why dacs all have it now, not everyone in the house wants to turn everything on every time.

That’s really interesting! I just tried to replicate the issue on my end but couldn’t. When I turn off auto-sensing and HDMI CEC, the Wiim no longer switches to the TV when turning it on. However, I AM still able to control the volume via CEC (I didn’t do a reboot / replug to see if that behavior stays like that).

For what it’s worth, I did not change any TV settings. So on my TV (LG C1) HDMI CEC was still enabled. And on the Apple TV I was using, volume control over HDMI was enabled, and Control TVs and Receivers was on.

Worth trying another HDMI cable and powering off at the plug, both devices, connecting, then powering back on at the plug.

I had this same issue, however my workaround was switching the TV sound output back to the TV speakers only. That helped in preventing the Ultra from booting up every time you click something on the TV remote.

Just don't use the hdmi, it will always be a pita. Don't know why dacs all have it now, not everyone in the house wants to turn everything on every time.
The idea is that the Wiim should be connected with an HDMI cable all the time, but it would turn on when I want it, not every time. I also have a decoder connected to the TV (LG 77C1), which has to turn on every time, so I don't need to turn off HDMI CEC on the TV.

Back