Hiss through speakers with wiim

garethsnaim

Sadly my ultra seems to have developed a fault/issue. When not being used there is a hiss loud enough for me to hear coming from my active speakers. If I unplug the wiim the sound stops.

This was not an issue before but seems to have developed, anyone else seeing this?

Volume of wiim makes no difference

This issue can be challenging (hiss or buzzing or humming noise in speakers) and can be as easy as a certain light is on under the kitchen cabinets that when turned off can completely eliminate the hissing noise.

It’s come on to suddenly for that, no such issues with previous streamer (node) on this circuit. I will give it a while see what it does

A hissing noise independent of the volume setting indicates to me that this might not be related to the unit itself, but rather cabling and/or RFI.

I struggle to understand why it would make this noise in standby, would understand if music were not playing but it were powered up.

Also and to repeat, its come on recently. When first installed and for the first few weeks no noise, nothing in the environment has changed.

I struggle to understand why it would make this noise in standby, would understand if music were not playing but it were powered up.

Also and to repeat, its come on recently. When first installed and for the first few weeks no noise, nothing in the environment has changed.
After playback stops and before it goes into standby is it silent? Are you connecting to the speakers using an RCA cable? If so do you hear anything if you disconnect the RCA cable at the Ultra output. Probably best to turn the volume down at the speakers or power them down before disconnecting.

Back