How to reboot WiiM Amp?

JirkaT

Last week, my WiiM Amp suddenly stopped playing on preset 1. It could happen; it is just internet radio. But the preset 2 was not playing, either. That is strange; though both are vTuner, they are different broasting companies. Some other presets (also vTuner) were playing normally.
I was able to play using setPlayerCmd: play: url httpapi command (via Node Red).

I this situation, I was thinking that a reboot might help.

I have found the reboot command among httpapi commands. Nevertheless, it seems not to be supported on WiiM Amp.

Then I found UART api together with tcp passthrough: MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:SYS:REBOOT& (there are even more such interesting commands in https://developer.arylic.com/tcpapi/#tcp-api). Such a command should be sent to port 8899. Nevertheless, using PortScan, I do not see port 8899 to be open on my WiiM Amp. Nevertheless, for sure, I have tried to send it, with no success: connect failed...

Am I doing something wrong, or is it simply so, that WiiM Amp does not have this UART #tcp-api interface available?

The day after the two presets were working again, I think that something has timed out inside of WiiM Amp.

Nevertheless, my two questions remain open:
1. How do I reboot WiiM Amp?
2. Does WiiM Amp have the tcp passthrough UART interface?

Alternatively, unplug WiiM's power cable and plug it in after a while.

Have you tried using the Reboot option in the WiiM Home App?
Good question :)

The answer is NO. I am not using the WiiM App. The reason is that my WiiM Amp is on Ethernet, while my mobile on WiFi and thus they are on different networks. [I do not like it but it is so, that WiiM App requires to be on the same network as WiiM Amp. Thats why I have created NodeRed flow for WiiM.]

Alternatively, unplug WiiM's power cable and plug it in after a while.
Good hint :)
I take this method as a brutal way, I would like to have more soft method available.
Additionally, set of tcp passthrough UART commands seems to be promissing to me.

The reason is that my WiiM Amp is on Ethernet, while my mobile on WiFi and thus they are on different networks.
Did you try it or did you just assume it doesn't work? Different media does not necessarily mean different network. It depends on how your router is set up. If the same gateway and subnet are used. I think you should be fine. Works for me with other brands.

Sorry, if this question sounds too stupid. From your postings it looks like you generally have a concept of what you're doing. I just wanted to make sure.

In any case. You might still try to capture what the WiiM app is sending as a reboot command using a network sniffer.

Did you try it or did you just assume it doesn't work? Different media does not necessarily mean different network. It depends on how your router is set up. If the same gateway and subnet are used. I think you should be fine. Works for me with other brands.

Sorry, if this question sounds too stupid. From your postings it looks like you generally have a concept of what you're doing. I just wanted to make sure.

In any case. You might still try to capture what the WiiM app is sending as a reboot command using a network sniffer.

You are right about media vs. network. Nevertheless, I like to keep WiFi and Ethernet "isolated", i.e. routed.

The idea of reverse engineering by network sniffing (of WiiM Home app performing the reboot command) seems to be a good one.
I have just run Wireshark and result is:
It looks to be complex (because of security?). There is no open text communication.
All communication is encrypted: to port 443 it is TLS as expected, another communication is to port 8009 and it is also encrypted (110 bytes of hex data starting with 17 03 03, maybe TLS 1.2). There is some polling to port 8009 at every 5 sec. It looks that this is far out of my knowledge.
Nevertheless, the WiiM Home app's reboot really works: it makes full restart of WiiM Amp.

I am (as old school) still preferring working according to specs and at the same time, I would still be interested in tcp passthrough UART if available on WiiM Amp.

Back