How to Stream to Sonos without a line in

Zipgear

A novice here, I would like to stream to a Sonos system ( using Wiim Pro plus ) without using a line in until I add era speakers .
I currently have Sonos Arc, ones, beam gen2.
Eventually l'll secure an Era 300 or two to use the line in. Can you please advise me if the setup to accomplish this? Currently using Apple Music. Will switch back to Amazon or Tidal, maybe Spotify soon. Thanks!

Wouldn’t the upcoming DLNA cast feature be of use here?
Unknown as I have never tried it plus the state of the Sonos App maybe an issue after the update as it kinda borked local libraries
But someone else may know more about it 😊

No worries, it's totally doable! Wiim Pro plus works great with Sonos, so you don't need to worry about line-in, at least not yet. Just configure everything through the Sonos app. You should find an option to add a new device there. Once you add Wiim Pro plus, you'll be able to stream music from Apple Music directly to your Sonos devices.
Once you get the Era, then you can think about that line-in, but for now, you don't need it. And as for switching to another streaming platform, Sonos supports most popular services, so you shouldn't have any issues with that.
:)

No worries, it's totally doable! Wiim Pro plus works great with Sonos, so you don't need to worry about line-in, at least not yet. Just configure everything through the Sonos app. You should find an option to add a new device there. Once you add Wiim Pro plus, you'll be able to stream music from Apple Music directly to your Sonos devices.
Once you get the Era, then you can think about that line-in, but for now, you don't need it. And as for switching to another streaming platform, Sonos supports most popular services, so you shouldn't have any issues with that.
:)
what do you mean by adding a device like the Pro Plus? What type of device does the Sonos app see it as?

You can use AirPlay from your phone to send Apple Music to the Pro Plus and I believe Sonos, but I don’t think that’s what you’re suggesting, nor what the OP is asking

Just configure everything through the Sonos app. You should find an option to add a new device there. Once you add Wiim Pro plus, you'll be able to stream music from Apple Music directly to your Sonos devices.
What? Unless the Sonos app has changed that much that it's now compatible with third party UPnP renderers, I think you're mistaken.

DLNA Cast should work with Sonos, but remember it's used instead of its digital/analogue out.

Just checked in my Sonos App no way to add WiiM devices but if I go to add a device it wants to update my system as I am on the old version which works not prepared to do that
I have a line in on my 5s which does work and means I don’t need to use the Sonos App anymore 👍

Just checked in my Sonos App no way to add WiiM devices but if I go to add a device it wants to update my system as I am on the old version which works not prepared to do that
I have a line in on my 5s which does work and means I don’t need to use the Sonos App anymore 👍
As I suspected re adding a WiiM device via the Sonos app. @amazonka11 - please provide more details on what you say is possible.

My Sonos devices show in the WiiM app as servers or incoming sources see below
1728467122395.png

what do you mean by adding a device like the Pro Plus? What type of device does the Sonos app see it as?

You can use AirPlay from your phone to send Apple Music to the Pro Plus and I believe Sonos, but I don’t think that’s what you’re suggesting, nor what the OP is asking
Yet another first post sounding like a bot 😀

Yet another first post sounding like a bot 😀
Now that you say that, I think you’re correct. ChatGPT etc are currently next to useless in my opinion and not to be relied on. What are the chances we’ll get a sensible response to my query? Such posts should be banned/discouraged as they only spread misinformation…

Now that you say that, I think you’re correct. ChatGPT etc are currently next to useless in my opinion and not to be relied on. What are the chances we’ll get a sensible response to my query? Such posts should be banned/discouraged as they only spread misinformation…
I have reported a couple before.

Back