In Subwoofer Bypass Mode

TSHRED

Does the crossover point still apply to the main speakers?

I want to try my sub's built in crossover.

Thanks.Screenshot_20241013_163112_WiiM Home.jpg

Thanks, one more question.

If I use the switch at the top and shut the subwoofer management off does it automatically default to full range to the mains?
Yes, if the subwoofer setting is off, WiiM does nothing to the main speakers and sub. Therefore, no sound comes out of the sub, and the mains revert to full range output.

Does the crossover point still apply to the main speakers?

I want to try my sub's built in crossover.

Thanks.View attachment 12944
The sub bypass is one of the best feature and you will feel your how your sub really sound. When off, it was loose and boomy. When on, tight and controlled. It also does high pass when enable. If you want double whammy bass you enable both switch. Sub and main both produce bass.

No. It all depends on individual hardware, room, preferences, etc.

There is not and there cannot be a general recommendation to enable Subwoofer Bypass Mode.

The filters built into subwoofers are often flawed.

We already have that don't we. That is exactly what we are talking about.
I not sure if he mean separate setting for high and low much like minidsp. It would even great if included different filter and slope like butterworth, linkwitz and others. Minidsp has so much to tweak for advanced users.

What I would like is an active and adjustable hi-pass filter that I could adjust when the unit is in Subwoofer Bypass Mode.
It can still be done but not convenient. Turn off sub bypass then adjust to your desire then enable. The set frequency is where the high will go. We as user like easy and can be nitpicking on anything.

Back