Intermittent Popping on WiiM Pro Plus

jluros

I have a WiiM Pro Plus connected using analog cables to a pair of Bang & Olufsen Beolab 6000 powered/active speakers. Every hour or so (it's not regular), the speakers "pop". It doesn't matter whether we're using a streaming or analog source (there's a Rega P3 turntable attached to the Pro Plus). This didn't happen with the WiiM Mini the Pro Plus replaced. It seems to be a common issue. Any thoughts? I tried switching the SPDIF Output Resolution to "Fixed Resolution" today to see if that helps.

I have a WiiM Pro Plus connected using analog cables to a pair of Bang & Olufsen Beolab 6000 powered/active speakers. Every hour or so (it's not regular), the speakers "pop". It doesn't matter whether we're using a streaming or analog source (there's a Rega P3 turntable attached to the Pro Plus). This didn't happen with the WiiM Mini the Pro Plus replaced. It seems to be a common issue. Any thoughts? I tried switching the SPDIF Output Resolution to "Fixed Resolution" today to see if that helps.
If you are using analog out of the wiim then spdif output resolution has (should have!) no bearing on this.

Generally this happens on a sample rate change, and although it's normally with a digital output to an external dac I seem to recall someone else mentioning it with the wiim dac and analog outputs.
Does it pop during a track playing, or only on a track change?

Although... I wouldn't expect the TT input to know anything about a track change and to be performing adc at a fixed rate so maybe not such an inteligent question...

Back