Is there a way to roll back a firmware update to the previous version?

Izzyman

Since the 8/16 update, my presets don’t load at all, or take WAY too long to load/change, to the point of showing the wrong metadata, or playing the same song twice. And room correction doesn’t work on iPads, but does on androids. The prior version had no issues, and the only added feature I can see on this version is L/R parametric EQ that I don’t use. So….can I go backwards, and if so, not get promoted all the time for updates?

Since the 8/16 update, my presets don’t load at all, or take WAY too long to load/change, to the point of showing the wrong metadata, or playing the same song twice. And room correction doesn’t work on iPads, but does on androids. The prior version had no issues, and the only added feature I can see on this version is L/R parametric EQ that I don’t use. So….can I go backwards, and if so, not get promoted all the time for updates?
No, try to reboot and see if that do any good. Raise ticket via wiim app.

Many would probably disagree with me. I rather have consistent firmware update instead. We the user we get the update and if there’s a problem we report to them. It will be easier to find an issue if many users using a firmware instead of them looking for a bug which could take long time and could delay firmware with feature set.

Atlist give them 24 hours to answer. You sent the message via wiim app right?
Yes. Twice, actually. First time on 8/25. Then, today they replied asking for the same information I already gave them the first time. I am not confident after that, and that’s why I posted here.

Yes. Twice, actually. First time on 8/25. Then, today they replied asking for the same information I already gave them the first time. I am not confident after that, and that’s why I posted here.
It’s weird. I get answer within 24 hours regardless if it’s issue or just a question. Did you have picture on avatar?

You can’t revert to an earlier firmware version or opt out of updates.
According to a reply I received from Support yesterday they will help you revert to a previous firmware:

"To assist us in investigating and resolving this issue more efficiently, please provide your feedback directly through the WiiM Home app>Settings tab>Feedback. Our Eng. team will prioritize looking into this matter as soon as we receive feedback. Additionally, we will assist in reverting your device to the previous firmware version after receiving your feedback."

Got a reply today. They admit the preset issue and say it’ll be fixed in a future update. The head scratcher is their answer as to why RC doesn’t work: they say I didn’t grant “recording permission” in the app. Of course there’s no such thing, in either the app or the iOS system. Oh, and I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. They seem to think the iPad is a phone…

Last edited:
FWIW I’ve been advised by support that they are allowing me to revert back to the previous firmware. I will do so later today with fingers crossed.

Got a reply today. They admit the preset issue and say it’ll be fixed in a future update. The head scratcher is their answer as to why RC doesn’t work: they say I didn’t grant “recording permission” in the app. Of course there’s no such thing, in either the app or the iOS system. Oh, and I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. They seem to think the iPad is a phone…
Do they mean microphone permissions?

Is there really no recording permission. This seems to suggest there is.

Back