Is there a way to roll back a firmware update to the previous version?

Izzyman

Since the 8/16 update, my presets don’t load at all, or take WAY too long to load/change, to the point of showing the wrong metadata, or playing the same song twice. And room correction doesn’t work on iPads, but does on androids. The prior version had no issues, and the only added feature I can see on this version is L/R parametric EQ that I don’t use. So….can I go backwards, and if so, not get promoted all the time for updates?

I am using ceiling speakers using linkplay module. Before I used WIIM app but now when updating to new version, there is an error that cannot find the device so I can't use it anymore. I am currently using Legacy Player app. I am planning to buy some Wiim pro and Wiim pro plus but I don't know if I can use Legacy Player app together? If I use Wiim home app, which version should I use and how to load it?

I did ask and followed their instructions, but it didn't work. HOWEVER, more recently tech support suggested something else - connecting to the 5G wifi instead of 2.4G. That worked, but I lost all my presets and RC curves. I still don't understand why my presets worked before with the 2.4G connection, but at least I have a functioning product now.

Interesting. While I was able to revert to the previous firmware I’ve always been connected to 5g and still have the occasional dropout(although seemingly less then with the latest firmware). And have not received any further instruction/followup from them even after updating them that the issue continued to persist.

Back