Is there a way to wirelessly listen to YouTube music on my iPad?

woojin

I'm looking to buy a WiiM Ultra.

But,

My purpose is to wirelessly listen to YouTube music on my iPad.

The WiiM Ultra does not support airplay.

Is there a way to wirelessly listen to YouTube music on my iPad?

Is it possible to do it with Chromecast on WiiM Ultra?

My purpose is to listen to YouTube music wirelessly.

Bluetooth is excluded because the sound quality is poor.

Should be fine with the YouTube Music app as it has Chromecast output, but not for the Youtube app which doesn’t. You can however cast from YouTube within the Chrome browser on a desktop, just not your iPad.

Edit: Bluetooth might be an option given YouTube itself is already lossy.

Not used bluetooth nor airplay myself, so a semi-serious question:
Aren't they about the same?
Wiim themselves have suggested using bluetooth in lieu of airplay due to the 'quality' similarity / equivalence.

Wiim themselves have suggested using bluetooth in lieu of airplay due to the 'quality' similarity / equivalence.
Probably, but AirPlay has the advantage of being able to cast to multiple target devices unlike Bluetooth which is often just one to one.

From a stream quality point of view, it depends on what AirPlay you are playing from where and to what device (as discussed in detail here).

Stream quality aside, AirPlay is more convenient to use than WiiM linking for multi-room listening IMO, and stream quality is probably less important when in that scenario. Apple asserts that 'the difference between AAC and lossless audio is virtually indistinguishable'. AirPlay is also supported on more devices. This might not matter to you, of course.

@woojin there is no guarantee, but Linkplay may release another version of the Ultra with MiFi certification at some point. You might consider using one of the other products in the meantime to see if that proves to be the case. Even the WiiM Mini should achieve what you want (depending on the rest of your equipment), and you could use that with another stereo in future if a new version of the Ultra is ever released.

Should be fine with the YouTube Music app as it has Chromecast output, but not for the Youtube app which doesn’t. You can however cast from YouTube within the Chrome browser on a desktop, just not your iPad.

Edit: Bluetooth might be an option given YouTube itself is already lossy.
YouTube music plays at 320 kbps.

I think there may be syllable degradation with Bluetooth.

Actually, there was a difference when I listened to it on Bluetooth and airplay.

YouTube music plays at 320 kbps.

Airplay plays up to 16 bits 96 kHz,

I think the transmission on Bluetooth is lower than this.

From a stream quality point of view, it depends on what AirPlay you are playing from where and to what device (as discussed in detail here).

Stream quality aside, AirPlay is more convenient to use than WiiM linking for multi-room listening IMO, and stream quality is probably less important when in that scenario. Apple asserts that 'the difference between AAC and lossless audio is virtually indistinguishable'. AirPlay is also supported on more devices. This might not matter to you, of course.

@woojin there is no guarantee, but Linkplay may release another version of the Ultra with MiFi certification at some point. You might consider using one of the other products in the meantime to see if that proves to be the case. Even the WiiM Mini should achieve what you want (depending on the rest of your equipment), and you could use that with another stereo in future if a new version of the Ultra is ever released.
Thank you for sharing great information.

It helped me a lot.

honestly,

I knew that Airplay doesn't play Apple Music Lossless properly.

So I'm using YouTube music,

Currently, I'm using iPad 6 Gen 12.9.

It uses Bluetooth 5.3.

I've used the famous Jenheiser soundbar ambe mini before

There was a big difference in sound quality between AirPlay and Bluetooth.

Would it make any difference if I connected to wiim ultra on my current iPad?

Since it's the same Bluetooth 5.3, I don't think there will be any difference.

In the end, it's a question of how much loss occurs in transmission.

Unlike Bluetooth, AirPlay or Chromecast is a Wi-Fi environment, so I think the sound quality is better.

So I also asked a question from Chromecast.

Same AAC256 as AirPlay2, unless either the Sennheiser or the WiiM is defaulting to SBC and must be changed in settings or something like that.

Exactly, and AirPlay2 is limited to AAC256 except in rare circumstances/specific gear combinations, that's been known for years now after being investigated by Chris Connaker, and more recently John Darko.
Yeah, and re the Computer Audiophile link above, that’s been quoted at least twenty times in the forum by one member alone ;)

Same AAC256 as AirPlay2, unless either the Sennheiser or the WiiM is defaulting to SBC and must be changed in settings or something like that.
I think it's not a codec problem, but a compression and capacity problem in the case of Bluetooth in transmission.

I understand that there is a loss in the process because it cannot transmit much data compared to heos, DLNA, Chromecast, and AirPlay using Wi-Fi methods.

Back