Is this normal? Subwoofer question

Bozzz

Have my ultra and subwoofer hooked up and running. Everything is mostly ok. Sounds good. One thing I noticed is that the sub volume stays constant. Even if I turn the volume up or all the way down. The sub keeps playing? I have a Willsenton r8 it doesn’t have a sub output so I use the one on the ultra. Sounds great but the volume of the sub stays the same. I’m using LFE on the sub to the ultra.

Attachments

• IMG_3937.jpeg
    IMG_3937.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
Have my ultra and subwoofer hooked up and running. Everything is mostly ok. Sounds good. One thing I noticed is that the sub volume stays constant. Even if I turn the volume up or all the way down. The sub keeps playing? I have a Willsenton r8 it doesn’t have a sub output so I use the one on the ultra. Sounds great but the volume of the sub stays the same. I’m using LFE on the sub to the ultra.
Do you adjust the volume on the amp?

If so, only the volume of the speaker connected to the amp will change. If you want to link the volume of the subwoofer, you need to adjust the volume on Ultra.

Also, if you connect a subwoofer to Ultra, turn up the subwoofer's crossover to maximum and set the crossover in the WiiM app. (However, this may not be necessary for some subwoofer models.)

How do you control volume? Changing the volume on your amp will not change the volume of a sub connected to the ultra.
I use the remote for my amp to control the volume. Ultras volume is fixed at 100. Didn’t think of that

Do you adjust the volume on the amp?

If so, only the volume of the speaker connected to the amp will change. If you want to link the volume of the subwoofer, you need to adjust the volume on Ultra.

Also, if you connect a subwoofer to Ultra, turn up the subwoofer's crossover to maximum and set the crossover in the WiiM app. (However, this may not be necessary for some subwoofer models.)
I adjust the volume on the amp. I’m guessing I’ll have to get used to adjusting the volume in the sub controls on the WiiM settings. Probably the only solution. Will work but a little less convenient

I use the remote for my amp to control the volume. Ultras volume is fixed at 100. Didn’t think of that
You’re doing it wrong. You let the amp set fixed and ultra does the volume attenuation. With this setup ultra will be able to control both speaker and sub. Set sub to highest frequency because you don’t want double filtering. If you connect external dac and use coax/toslink, set dac fixed and let ultra do the attenuation.

You’re doing it wrong. You let the amp set fixed and ultra does the volume attenuation. With this setup ultra will be able to control both speaker and sub. Set sub to highest frequency because you don’t want double filtering. If you connect external dac and use coax/toslink, set dac fixed and let ultra do the attenuation.
Trying to understand. Si set the volume of my amp and leave it and use the remote for the ultra to control the volume? Haven’t tried that

Trying to understand. Si set the volume of my amp and leave it and use the remote for the ultra to control the volume? Haven’t tried that
Wich amp do you have?
Only to see if you have a HT/Ext In/PwrAmp Direct/Main In-input on it where you can use it as a poweramp to skip the amp’s volume-control/preamp 🙂

Hijack this thread since hes got his answers. Is there any downside of putting your amp at max volume? I have to do that cus i dont have any markings on the volume. Does it consume more electricity? etc

Last edited:
How do you control volume? Changing the volume on your amp will not change the volume of a sub connected to the ultra.
Just now paired the remote should have done that at the beginning. Works great

Is the sub level on app same as volume at the back of sub?
What difference should that make? These are independent settings that should be set for minimum noise, hum and distortion. It's usually best to set the volume on the sub to roughly 50% and then set the final level from the WiiM Home App.

But not matter how you do it exactly, sub out on the Ultra makes sense only if it has full control over the volume of the output.

Back