Issue: Missing start of Alexa audio output due to amp autosense

kashsoni

My Wiim pro plus and 3 pluses work fine. They are connected Wiim > 4 zone amplifier

My echo dot uses the wiim / amp > speakers as the preferred speaker.

When no signal is detected, my NAD amp (whilst always powered on), doesn't 'activate' the zone until it detects an input. The model i have has no option to disable the auto-sense

When I say, for example, 'alexa - whats the time', by the time the NAD kicks in, ive missed the 1st bit of the audio output so all i hear is (example) 46pm (when i'd expect to hear "the time is 4.46pm"

Are they any suggestions or work arounds?

Last edited:
Guess you may need to make a null request like “Alexa, hi” to waken up your zone then ask it “Alexa, what’s the time?”. I had hoped having follow up mode enabled for the device would allow you to ask the second request without the wake word, but that doesn’t work for me.

Guess you may need to make a null request like “Alexa, hi” to waken up your zone then ask it “Alexa, what’s the time?”. I had hoped having follow up mode enabled for the device would allow you to ask the second request without the wake word, but that doesn’t work for me.
yea thats not viable option - thats super annoying.
There is the enabling of request sounds but i'm not sure thats helping enough.

Back