Max on Tidal, not on wim.

Johnny

Playing John Oates Reunion from the Tidal app to my Wiim pro gives me 24/48 but playing it from the Wiim app is 16/44.1
Strange?

Playing John Oates Reunion from the Tidal app to my Wiim pro gives me 24/48 but playing it from the Wiim app is 16/44.1
Strange?
Are you using external dac? If you’re using external dac, ensure on audio setting coax/optical set on 24/192.

Hmmm I can only get 16/44.1 if I play it from wiim app and like I say I have coax set to 24/96.
Obviously I'm playing it from the Tidal app 😊

Wait, I've tried it again from Wiim app, without changing anything, and now I'm getting 24/48!
Oh well nowt so strange as apps 🤔

And? Does it sound better know for your ears? Or just for the brain?
I see post over post saying why I’m not getting 96 or 192 when in fact they could not tell the difference between cd and high resolution loseless. It just simply look good looking on dac display seeing high number.

I see post over post saying why I’m not getting 96 or 192 when in fact they could not tell the difference between cd and high resolution loseless. It just simply look good looking on dac display seeing high number.
The most important thing to have fun listening - apart from the equipment an room acoustics - is the quality of the recordings! There are so many great sounding pieces of music in CD quality. And many, many more weak ones in 24/196. When you upsample bullshit you get upsampled bullshit. :poop:

I think hires should end at 24/48 these days. The rest is eye and brain cosmetics and only causes immense date and energy waste. YMMV.

Guys, I was simply puzzled why one app was giving a different rate to the other on the same album.
Nothing to do with which is 'best' or satisfying my brain with higher numbers, and for the record (is that a pun 👀) my pro sounds so much better powered by battery.

Back