Microphone calibration files

kafercup

I'm happy to see the app now recognizes my Dayton Audio iMM-6C. Will there be an option in the future to upload the specific calibration files for a microphone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240908_142610_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240908_142610_WiiM Home.jpg
    815.6 KB · Views: 9
I'm happy to see the app now recognizes my Dayton Audio iMM-6C. Will there be an option in the future to upload the specific calibration files for a microphone?
That's what many of us hope for.

However, take a look at the calibration file that came with your iMM-6C and you will find the frequency range where it simply doesn't need any additional calibration.

Chances are that the calibration values contained in the file will be < 1dB from at least 40 Hz to 4000 Hz. If so, the calibration file would actually not provide any real benefit with WiiM's default settings for room calibration.

Maybe we should start a thread where everybody could post the lower and the upper limit where the data in the calibration file deviates more than 1 dB from zero.

For my Dayton iMM-6C, the calibration is between +/- 1dB from around 80-4400 Hz, and for the iMM TRRS from 20-3830 Hz (see graph).

I'll need to redo my RC as I haven't tried it with the newer versions of firmware for some time.

Dayton Calibration.png

what happens between 1700 and 4500 on the normal imm6 is a bit annoying because a really sensitive area on the ear side and impactful..and in use with standart rc of wiim 40-4k
(that wiim simply integrates the file will avoid having the question asked twice a day ;-) )

Last edited:
but surprising that such a disparity between these two imm6.. a little annoying to observe

For my Dayton iMM-6C, the calibration is between +/- 1dB from around 80-4400 Hz, and for the iMM TRRS from 20-3830 Hz (see graph).

I'll need to redo my RC as I haven't tried it with the newer versions of firmware for some time.

View attachment 11471
The amount of correction needed for that iMM-6C low end response is pretty disappointing, I think. :(

While the bass region isn't as critical as the midrange I'd rather not want to use this mic below 45 Hz with no calibration applied.

Back