Mini keeps dropping it's WI-FI connection

Shuv

I've been using Wiim mini for several months now and haven't had any problems with it until now. However, for the past few days, possibly after the last update (around June 23), it has been losing its Wi-Fi connection quite often, but not regularly (sometimes it keeps the connection for several hours, sometimes for an hour). The only thing that helps then is to disconnect it from the power supply. The Wiim is connected to the soundbar with an optical cable. The Wi-Fi network is a dual-band mesh, the streamer connects in the 5Ghz band, the signal level is very good / excellent. It is controlled from an Android phone via the Wiim home application and used to play from TuneIn, vTuner and Spotify. I've run out of ideas on what else I could do to diagnose the problem. So far, I've reset the Wiim to factory settings, restarted the router, forced the connection in the 2,4Ghz or 5Ghz bands with and without mesh support. I tried with the preferred DNS server option disabled and with DNS 8.8.8.8 set on the router and the option enabled. Nothing helped. Is it possible that the hardware is damaged, e.g. the Wi-Fi antenna has failed? Any suggestions on what else can be done, or is it just a service call? There are several threads on the Internet about the Wiim mini losing its connection, but they don't give an answer whether the problem has been solved. Maybe someone here on the forum has had a similar problem with this device?

I've been using Wiim mini for several months now and haven't had any problems with it until now. However, for the past few days, possibly after the last update (around June 23), it has been losing its Wi-Fi connection quite often, but not regularly (sometimes it keeps the connection for several hours, sometimes for an hour). The only thing that helps then is to disconnect it from the power supply. The Wiim is connected to the soundbar with an optical cable. The Wi-Fi network is a dual-band mesh, the streamer connects in the 5Ghz band, the signal level is very good / excellent. It is controlled from an Android phone via the Wiim home application and used to play from TuneIn, vTuner and Spotify. I've run out of ideas on what else I could do to diagnose the problem. So far, I've reset the Wiim to factory settings, restarted the router, forced the connection in the 2,4Ghz or 5Ghz bands with and without mesh support. I tried with the preferred DNS server option disabled and with DNS 8.8.8.8 set on the router and the option enabled. Nothing helped. Is it possible that the hardware is damaged, e.g. the Wi-Fi antenna has failed? Any suggestions on what else can be done, or is it just a service call? There are several threads on the Internet about the Wiim mini losing its connection, but they don't give an answer whether the problem has been solved. Maybe someone here on the forum has had a similar problem with this device?

Have you contacted WiiM support?

When you submit a support ticket through Feedback in the WiiM app, a log of your device will be sent along with it to help us resolve the issue.

I'm have the same issues I have 3 devices only one w firmware ending in 450 is running. The 2 other unit run 451 are extremely unstable. I sit there watching the app and they come and go. Very frustrating. I have a big 4th of July party tonight and no music. Wiim you have to do better

At least my Mini has never disappeared on the WiiM app and is always visible.

Firmware version 4.6.620757(20240621)

So it is possible that you are experiencing a problem specific to your device.

At least my Mini has never disappeared on the WiiM app and is always visible.

Firmware version 4.6.620757(20240621)

So it is possible that you are experiencing a problem specific to your device.
Mine is the same firmware no drops as yet
Showing very good connection and 35db SNR
I use reserved ip addressing on all my network devices

Back