Multi Room and Listening Room WiiM Amp Pro vs WiiM Pro Plus and ?Fosi?

Vandi

Working on specing out the components for a new to me house. Unfortunately the wires for the passive in ceiling / on wall speakers all run to different locations in the house (6 locations argh). I'm contemplating waiting for the WiiM Amp Pro or installing Pro Pluses with Fosi amps in the various closets (very open to suggestions on which Fosi or other amps to consider).

I'll also have a listening room with my turntable, Arcam SA20, Martin Logan ESLs and contemplating WiiM Ultra vs Pro Plus (again open to suggestions here).

Thoughts on Pro Plus vs Waiting for the Amp Pro? Thoughts on the listening room setup?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Wife is interested in “good audio” for her office. Thinking the KRK Rockit 8 with an ultra may be a good solution for her. Considered the smaller ones but there is no way I’ll get her to put a sub with them….

Working on specing out the components for a new to me house. Unfortunately the wires for the passive in ceiling / on wall speakers all run to different locations in the house (6 locations argh). I'm contemplating waiting for the WiiM Amp Pro or installing Pro Pluses with Fosi amps in the various closets (very open to suggestions on which Fosi or other amps to consider).

I'll also have a listening room with my turntable, Arcam SA20, Martin Logan ESLs and contemplating WiiM Ultra vs Pro Plus (again open to suggestions here).

Thoughts on Pro Plus vs Waiting for the Amp Pro? Thoughts on the listening room setup?

Thanks in advance for the help.
If you read all of my posts you'll see that I have put specs for my whole house music system in the comments.

Everyone in my family is happy with the upgrade, I said would probably change that to over the moon ecstatic.

We play everything from Opera to classical violin to pop and rock and the WiiM Ultra is performing perfectly and we love having the improved quality of a independent amp and quality speakers for each room.

Once I accepted that I did not want one unified device that basically did everything, as I didn't want a single company to control my entire experience, that opened up a whole world of options.

As I mentioned we are dedicated to the Philharmonic audio speakers the big and small all sound amazing and are value priced way lower than one would expect.

We use a combination of emotiva small amplifiers for the small rooms and small speakers and we use the audio by Van Alstine for our larger speakers and larger amplifier needs.

These combinations have brought a massive improvement to the quality of the music in every room big and small.

Also it's critical to remember that very few streaming systems offer perfect room synchronization for many rooms. We started with eight rooms we are now up to 9 rooms. Which allows us to start music in one room and walk the entire house and hear every note from the music no matter where we are.

I hope that helps.
Jeff

Jeff,
Great info and I did take a look at the Philharmonic speakers based on your other posts, they look very impressive and will go on the list for consideration in the living room :)

If I could just talk my wife into separates I would look at philharmonic for her office as well, unfortunately there isn't a good location to hide the amp...

I'm very glad you have had success with the WiiM setup and hopefully I can replicate the same.

My family was "worried" about having the equipment also (it's a lot). I also have battery backups on all my units as well to keep them solid during brown outs. But that said, after they hear the sound, they forget about all the other details.

Notes that for small rooms, not typically sitting areas, the TRUE MINI'S have been great. For medium sized rooms or rooms that we might listen more (like Master Bedroom), we use the Ceramic Mini's (Both driven by the EMOTIVA A2FLEX (powered by the trigger on/off)). Then for the Bigger rooms the BMR Monitors. We use this for our family room. The Theatre uses the PHILHARMONIC 3 (called Phil 3's) which were the precursor to the BMR TOWERS.

I assume there are 1000 or more different speakers out there.. We love this company, Emotiva and Audio by Van Alstine, because there are people we can call or email and they respond (as humans, not AI bots). For that I maybe pay a premium, but so far it doesn't feel that way.

Best of luck
Jeff

PS: All my units are LAN, but I originally used WIFI and it seemed to work just as well. Of course depends on your signal strength,.

Back