Multi-room, multi-device setup: Is WiiM right for me?

sjuzhet

I have two 2.1 setups in two rooms. In one room, I have a TV, and I was thinking about putting a WiiM Amp between the TV and the speakers. In the other room, I have a turntable with a pre-amp and an amp, so I was thinking about getting a WiiM Pro Plus or Ultra between the pre-amp and the amp. I'd also like Wifi streaming as an input as well - ideally Airplay, but Chromecast is fine as well.

Will this setup allow me to switch between inputs for both sets of speakers?

I have two 2.1 setups in two rooms. In one room, I have a TV, and I was thinking about putting a WiiM Amp between the TV and the speakers. In the other room, I have a turntable with a pre-amp and an amp, so I was thinking about getting a WiiM Pro Plus or Ultra between the pre-amp and the amp. I'd also like Wifi streaming as an input as well - ideally Airplay, but Chromecast is fine as well.
Could you please elaborate a bit more?
Do you need to have playback on speakers in two rooms at the same time?

For example, you can play turntable music in two rooms at the same time. However, it is difficult to avoid audio delay when playing TV audio in more than one room at the same time.

Also, which streaming service are you using (or considering)?

Will this setup allow me to switch between inputs for both sets of speakers?
It is possible to switch inputs on each WiiM individually. In addition, by grouping two WiiM devices together, the input source switched on the host device can be played back simultaneously on the client devices.

Could you please elaborate a bit more?
Do you need to have playback on speakers in two rooms at the same time?

For example, you can play turntable music in two rooms at the same time. However, it is difficult to avoid audio delay when playing TV audio in more than one room at the same time.

Yeah, the idea would be to play audio from a single input in both rooms at the same time. Shame about the delay...sounds like my best option might be to run speaker wire between the two rooms.

It is possible to switch inputs on each WiiM individually. In addition, by grouping two WiiM devices together, the input source switched on the host device can be played back simultaneously on the client devices.

Thanks! That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for...Only ideally they'd be synced. Alas.

Thanks! That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for...Only ideally they'd be synced. Alas.
The WiiM devices will be in sync. It's just because of that the TV sound might not be exactly in sync with the picture seen in the room with the TV.

Last edited:
I already have three adjoining rooms synced, and I’m looking to add two more. I have to invoke the “S” word.

I’m not able to purchase this year, but my system will have an Ultra as the local source (TV, phono, local files) and Sonos Ports to distribute the synced music. And some small speakers for kitchen and dining room.

I’m considering options for amps. When the Amp Pro comes out, I’ll look at it.

Back