New set up for a very small room

George Dance

First off my room is only 24 M2 so I’m working under several limitations. I initially bought a Wiim Pro and teamed it with a Douk Audio ST-01 amp /Dac feeding a pair of vintage Rogers DB101 speakers. The Wiim is hard wired into the wi-fI router and I tried using both the Wiim and Douk dacs, neither of which was giving me much satisfaction. Whither the announcement of the Fosi Audio V3 amp a few weeks ago I took the plunge and ordered a V3 and a SMSL SU-1 dac to feed it. Magic, sounds brilliant. I’m still wrestling with the bit rate set up, I’m using an optical link, only getting 16 bit / 44.1 kHz at the moment, using tidal. Very happy so far.

Last edited:
Have you done the audio output test to check your digital output resolution is set greater than 16/44.1, as well as turning on MQA beta under audio settings and are using Tidal Connect?

Hi, thanks for response, after some further research it would seem as I have Tidal HiFi tier and not HiFi Plus I’m limited to 16 bit / 44.1 kHz.

Hi, thanks for response, after some further research it would seem as I have Tidal HiFi tier and not HiFi Plus I’m limited to 16 bit / 44.1 kHz.
I "only" have the basic hifi tier too.
Can't say that I feel I'm missing out, even with my basic setup ;)

Back