Noise when connected to PC

seitil

Hello! I hope that someone can help me solve my peculiar issue!

When my WiiM Ultra is connected to my PC via HDMI through my tv (PC > TV > Wiim) I have noticed there is a rather annoying electrical buzzing noise that changes slightly as I move windows or graphics around my screen. This only happens when the WiiM is used as a DAC and I am using the RCA out to my power amp. The noise is gone if I route the audio via optical out into an external DAC and then RCA out to my power amp.

At first I thought it was perhaps a bad HDMI cable going from my PC to the TV and it was picking up some electrical noise. My PC is rather far from my TV so I have a beefy 20 foot HDMI 2.1 cable running from one end to the other. I switched the cable out for a high quality optical HDMI AOC cable since I heard they are better for longer cable runs however the noise still exists.

I also thought it was perhaps a ground loop issue as my PC and tv are connected via two separate outlets. To check this I used an extension cable and plugged in the PC to the same outlet as the streamer and the rest of my audio equipment yet the noise still remains.

Any thoughts what might be going on?

Back