Not even remotely confused

My first WiiM remote came with the amp and I haven't replaced it once in 6 months. Battery drain depends on how often you use the remote, do you use voice control frequently?

Personally, the Bluetooth remote drains the battery faster than the IR remote. The shortest battery life in my house is on my Fire TV stick remote pro.

Hmm so that's the reason.. Bluetooth remotes drain batteries faster than IR..

I use it every day because I consider it practical to power up with a preset without having to fiddle with my phone, but its not like I´m pressing the buttons all day...:rolleyes:

I can't afford the batteries with the "Copper Coloured Cap", and find that they don't really last any longer than Alkaline batteries from many supermarkets. I'm currently using Activ Energy Super Alkalines from Aldi.

At this current rate, (battery depletion every 3 months) I might as well get some rechargeable batts even if they last a week! :p
I think that most of my WiiM remote controls are on their second set of Alkaline batteries, but next time I replace any, I'm going to stick a label inside the battery cover with the date they were changed, for future reference.

Is it possible that the remotes are fine, but the batteries that come with the WiiM aren't great?

I haven't used the batteries that came with my WiiM (did even come with any?) and I've had no issues

I have found that some boutique batteries are quite hard to get into the recess. :ROFLMAO:

The cheap supermarket ones I have in there now are in really, really tight and there's no way I can get them out with my fingernails.
I had to get a sharp, pointy thing to prise them out.
Same batteries in the smsl remote, no such issues.

It must be a Wiim Thing to make fittings tight ;)

Back