Not recognising all tracks on USB

I bought the Wii Amp few weeks ago and faced the same problem : Many files were not recognised on my USB stick.(only few hundreds files were recognised for a total of 5200)

I found out that the problem was related to the file names.
Most of my music files were named like that :
01 - song title 1.flac
02 - song title 2.flac
10 - song title 10.flac
11 - song title 11.flac

The scan process simply ignores all files with name starting with "0".
This is obviously a bug and my workaround is to remove all "0" at the beginning of all file names.
1 - song title 1.flac
2 - song title 2.flac
10 - song title 10.flac
11 - song title 11.flac

With this workaround my 5200 files are all recognized.

Hope this helps,

Greetings from Paris, France

Sébastien

I bought the Wii Amp few weeks ago and faced the same problem : Many files were not recognised on my USB stick.(only few hundreds files were recognised for a total of 5200)

01 - song title 1.flac
02 - song title 2.flac
10 - song title 10.flac
11 - song title 11.flac

This is obviously a bug and my workaround is to remove all "0" at the beginning of all file names.
1 - song title 1.flac
2 - song title 2.flac
10 - song title 10.flac
11 - song title 11.flac

Hope this helps,

Sébastien
Thanks. Have you submitted a ticket to WiiM to inform them?

01 - song title 1.flac
02 - song title 2.flac
10 - song title 10.flac
11 - song title 11.flac

1 - song title 1.flac
2 - song title 2.flac
10 - song title 10.flac
11 - song title 11.flac

Hope this helps,

Sébastien
My files are named following a very similar pattern ...

01 First Song Title.flac
02 Second Song Title.flac
instead of
01 - First Song Title.flac
02 - Second Song Title.flac

... and there is no such issue. While you are at it, batch renaming your files anyway, could you try omitting the hyphen instead of the leading zero? This would still be a bug, but a different bug. :)

I can only repeat recommending MusicBee for managing music files in general and for synchronizing your library with thumb drives.

Mine shows the following for that:

10urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1WiiM Amp-F80C:Media ServerLinkplay Technology Inchttps://wiimhome.comWiiM Amp MediaServerWiiM Amp MediaServer1https://wiimhome.com00002uuid:FF98F359-BA4D-0D17-678E-C87A6C696E6BDMS-1.50/image/png484824/icons/sm.pngimage/png12012024/icons/lrg.pngimage/jpeg484824/icons/sm.jpgimage/jpeg12012024/icons/lrg.jpgurn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ContentDirectory/ctl/ContentDir/evt/ContentDir/ContentDir.xmlurn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManager/ctl/ConnectionMgr/evt/ConnectionMgr/ConnectionMgr.xmlurn:microsoft.com:service:X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar:1urn:microsoft.com:serviceId:X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar/ctl/X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar/evt/X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar/X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar.xml

Looks like it's been stripped of anything useful. The reply from MiniDLNA includes the base version number:

Code:
<modelName>Windows Media Connect compatible (MiniDLNA)</modelName>
<modelNumber>1.3.3</modelNumber>

Back