Optical doesn’t work

Ungeelling

Hey everyone! I’ve been having issues getting sound out from the optical. Last two weeks it has been on and off. Bought a new optical wire and tested. Still no sound, i see in the app that the Wiim does recognise sound, but still nothing comes out. Anyone else? Sorry for bad english, im Norwegian.

The only suggestion I have is to make sure the WiiM is not in a paused state. If you don't hear any sound from your speakers, on the remote press the play button once and wait five seconds for sound.

Det eneste forslaget jeg har er å sørge for at WiiM ikke er i pausetilstand. Hvis du ikke hører noen lyd fra høyttalerne, trykker du på avspillingsknappen én gang på fjernkontrollen og venter i fem sekunder på lyd.
Its on play, tried two times. Still no sound :/

Attachments

• IMG_4520.png
    IMG_4520.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 4
And you have confirmed that Audio Input is set to Optical In and Audio Output is set to Line Out (assuming you are using the analog output to feed a preamplifier or amplifier)

You can try changing the bitrate setting as well.

If that does not do it for you hopefully someone much more knowledgeable than me will reply to this thread.

Last edited:
And you have confirmed that Audio Input is set to Optical In and Audio Output is set to Line Out (assuming you are using the analog output to feed a preamplifier or amplifier)
Looks like it’s a WiiM Amp that’s being used, not a Pro/Plus as per the forum name.

I’d check the volume on the tv - perhaps it has a separate digital output volume setting. Also make sure the optical cable is firmly seated at both ends.

Back