Paired Remote showing as unpaired

slartibartfast

Major Contributor
My remote is paired to a WiiM amp. After turning the amp off via a smart plug the next time I turn it on the WiiM Home app thinks the remote is no longer paired. Surely this must be a bug. Nobody is going to pair the remote every time their amp is powered on.

No firmware update right after powering on the Amp?

Firmware updates seem to be the only time when my WiiM Amp divorces it's remote. Power off/on cycles are no problem here. Just tested it one more time with FW 5.0.626857.

Firmware updates seem to be the only time when my WiiM Amp divorces it's remote. Power off/on cycles are no problem here. Just tested it one more time with FW 5.0.626857.
Nope. Just paired it again then turned it off at the mains switch. When I plug it back in the remote isn't paired anymore.

I tried again and this time I heard the announcement that it was paired through the speakers, last time I didn't hear that although the app said it was paired. After rebooting it seems OK.

It is now showing as unpaired again with no firmware updates.
Screenshot_20240828-140101.png

Back