Plug order - audiophile recommendations

castalla

Major Contributor
Did you know that the order of how your devices are plugged in can affect what you hear?
Here's the recommended order for one audiophile setup as reported by the owner (he forgot to mention that you need to chant 'Simsalabim' as each item is plugged into the power block)

By ear my favourite order is:

CD5si first
Rega mini fono ps
ND5xs
Rega P2 ps
Sn1 last

😁😂😜

And here's a streamer with cables (ditch that Ultra)

XACT S1 Music Server

Retail: $13,900

STEALTH USB-T Select Cable

Retail: $1950/m

STEALTH Black Magic Ethernet V.19 Cable

Retail: $1600/m

Value for money 🤑😁

And here's a streamer with cables (ditch that Ultra)

XACT S1 Music Server

Retail: $13,900

STEALTH USB-T Select Cable

Retail: $1950/m

STEALTH Black Magic Ethernet V.19 Cable

Retail: $1600/m

Value for money 🤑😁
XACT will only charge you E2000 extra for 8TB storage rather the standard 4TB on that streamer.

Did you know that the order of how your devices are plugged in can affect what you hear?
Here's the recommended order for one audiophile setup as reported by the owner (he forgot to mention that you need to chant 'Simsalabim' as each item is plugged into the power block)

By ear my favourite order is:

CD5si first
Rega mini fono ps
ND5xs
Rega P2 ps
Sn1 last

😁😂😜
And just to be sure, this is not only the order from left to right (power cable must always come in from the left, of course). It's also the timely order!

Once you unplugged any single devices (unplugging the others in reverse order, hopefully, otherwise everything is lost, anyway) and start anew: First the leftmost one, next after waiting an even number of full main cycles the second one from the left ... and so on ...

I honestly couldn't tell you the order, they are plugged in however I managed it because the plugs are hidden behind an old console unit.

That said, they sound the same as when I tested them outside of the console unit, and I'm sure they were plugged in differently, so I'm not that worried.

Perhaps my $4 extension cable (With safety cut off switch no less!) is to blame for my audio woes, well I say woes, I quite like how it sounds TBH.

I honestly couldn't tell you the order, they are plugged in however I managed it because the plugs are hidden behind an old console unit.

That said, they sound the same as when I tested them outside of the console unit, and I'm sure they were plugged in differently, so I'm not that worried.

Perhaps my $4 extension cable (With safety cut off switch no less!) is to blame for my audio woes, well I say woes, I quite like how it sounds TBH.
If there are still problems, simply turn counterclockwise by 180°.

One should have the source components first , nearest the wall socket , then the preamp and last the power amp .
This will in most cases bring a small improvement to the sound . One can also use separate power blocks for the source and preamp , and another for the power amp.
This is an old Linn products ” trick” that really works.

One should have the source components first , nearest the wall socket , then the preamp and last the power amp .
This will in most cases bring a small improvement to the sound . One can also use separate power blocks for the source and preamp , and another for the power amp.
This is an old Linn products ” trick” that really works.
What absolute nonsense.

What about all the other appliances on the same ring main?

Unless you can explain the physics behind it?

Back