Possible to Chromecast sound from YouTube to WiiM in the future?

Aquarius

Hi @WiiM Team / @WiiM Support
Is it technical possible to add option to cast from YouTube-app to a WiiM-streamer?

Sometimes if would be nice to get the sound from a concert or a track thats not available on streaming-services to my WiiM Pro :)
When I open cast in the YouTube-app on iPhone, my Pro isnt available.

Hi @WiiM Team / @WiiM Support
Is it technical possible to add option to cast from YouTube-app to a WiiM-streamer?

Sometimes if would be nice to get the sound from a concert or a track thats not available on streaming-services to my WiiM Pro :)
When I open cast in the YouTube-app on iPhone, my Pro isnt available.
I don't know if this is possible on IPhone, but on Android I can use Google home app's voice cast to cast just the Youtube audio to WiiM.

I don't know if this is possible on IPhone, but on Android I can use Google home app's voice cast to cast just the Youtube audio to WiiM.
Thanks for the reply. I ha have my Pro inside Google Home app aswell, but does not let me cast the Audio on iPhone.

Its possible to use AirPlay since I have older unit, but I guess a solution that works for Ultra-owners aswell would be the best 🙂

It is only possible to Chromecast to video devices from YouTube. My Wiim Pro and CA Evo 150 are both unavailable for Chromecast in YouTube.

From an answer on the WiiM Fan Page yesterday or the day before, there are a few ways that spring to mind that may suit you or not:

1. Play YouTube within the Chrome browser on the desktop, and you can cast audio only to the Pro;
2. On Android, open the google home app, select your Pro then “cast my audio” from the next page;
3. On iOS, use Airplay
4. Upgrade to YouTube Premium which I understand will allow you to cast audio only.

4. Upgrade to YouTube Premium which I understand will allow you to cast audio only.
Is the YouTube app and the WiiM device the only things needed for 4?

I am on Premium and the only devices that show up in the device list are my Fire stick and TV, I cannot connect to my WiiM device.🤔

Back