Pro + external DAC or Pro Plus

bub57

Hi
I need your help to choose between the Pro and the Pro+.
My amp is an Electrocompaniet ECI 80d with an internal TI PCM1789 DAC. Is this DAC better than the Pro Plus one ? So should I go with the Pro or the Pro Plus ?
Thanks for your ideas and comments!

Given the cost of your amp and the relatively small difference in cost between the Pro and the Pro Plus (which arguably has a ‘better’ DAC and ADC than the Pro), I’d advise you to buy the Pro Plus and you can then compare how that performs over digital or analog into your amp. It’s always hard to say what’s better for someone else as we all have different kit, speakers, room acoustics, preferences, ears and brains - only you can decide for yourself which you prefer at the end of the day.

No clear idea….better restitution, sound quality,….I’m definitively not an Hi-fi expert, so I will probably follow Brantome’s idea.

if i were you personally, i'd go for the pro, and use the amp's DAC. i think it would sound better than the analog output of either Pro or Pro Plus. but that's just a guess...

although Brantome's point is valid. given the overall cost of your system - maybe a pro plus would be the way to go?

The pro plus sounds fine to me, and means you don't need another box in your setup. Unless you already have DAC you already love the sound of, the pro plus, or the upcoming ultra might be better choices.

Hi
I need your help to choose between the Pro and the Pro+.
My amp is an Electrocompaniet ECI 80d with an internal TI PCM1789 DAC. Is this DAC better than the Pro Plus one ? So should I go with the Pro or the Pro Plus ?
Thanks for your ideas and comments!
What’s better to you may not be better for the others. I suggest you listen and decide if you like what you hear.

Many thanks for your comments ! Still hard to decide , but will soon...

Cheap Audio Man has a review comparing DAC options to the pro plus, if you respect his opinion.
None are your specific DAC though.

Back