Pro Plus configuration

Opathy

I have two Pro Plus units. I’m wondering how the best way to use these. The one is in use on a NAD M3 integrated. That’s an easy one. I cast Tidal from my iPhone to the WiiM and analog out to the NAD. Does this mean my phone is actually doing the downloading and casting to the WiiM or does the phone instruct the WiiM to do the whole business? The other WiiM is hooked to my Marantz NR 1200 AVR. Presently I use toslink to the Marantz so I guess the WiiM uses the DAC in the Marantz through ApplePlay?
Would it be better to use the analog outputs of the WiiM to the Marantz also?
Any ideas are welcome!

I have two Pro Plus units. I’m wondering how the best way to use these. The one is in use on a NAD M3 integrated. That’s an easy one. I cast Tidal from my iPhone to the WiiM and analog out to the NAD. Does this mean my phone is actually doing the downloading and casting to the WiiM or does the phone instruct the WiiM to do the whole business? The other WiiM is hooked to my Marantz NR 1200 AVR. Presently I use toslink to the Marantz so I guess the WiiM uses the DAC in the Marantz through ApplePlay?
Would it be better to use the analog outputs of the WiiM to the Marantz also?
Any ideas are welcome!
Welcome and congrats on your purchase. When casting from your phone with Tidal Connect (or Chromecast/Airplay) the WiiM is doing the streaming, the phone just acts as a remote control. With regards to which output you use it depends on your personal opinion as to which has the best DAC. The Pro Plus has been proven to be very good and you would probably be better using Line Out to your Marantz but try both to see if you prefer one to the other.

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. When casting from your phone with Tidal Connect (or Chromecast/Airplay) the WiiM is doing the streaming, the phone just acts as a remote control. With regards to which output you use it depends on your personal opinion as to which has the best DAC. The Pro Plus has been proven to be very good and you would probably be better using Line Out to your Marantz but try both to see if you prefer one to the other.
Thanks for the quick reply. You’ve cleared up the phone use and I’ll try the Line Out on my Marantz as well because the Line Out sounds terrific on the NAD

I thought that Airplay uses the phone to send the music to the pro, i.e. it's not just a remote control in that instance.
Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!

I thought that Airplay uses the phone to send the music to the pro, i.e. it's not just a remote control in that instance.
Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!
It does indeed, with some exceptions when hand-off is possible.

Back