Hook up wiim pro to marantz sr 6013

Pure direct does not guarantee adc will be bypass. Get audio switcher from Amazon so you can switch between your AVR and ultra.
I m gonna have to look in to that , as i dont know anything about it or how to hook it up. I did not know that was an option. Thank you though for the information. All this just to be able to use a streamer ...

Interestingly, asking Gemini gives different answers depending on the brand; Marantz's Analog-in Pure Direct mode avoids ADC, while Yamaha does not.

However, Marantz's AVR has the ability to use a subwoofer even when in direct mode. I am not sure what the signal path is in this case.
From the information I ve gathered yes it does avoid adc in pure direct or pure mode & I can run the subs also . I bought the streamer to be able to use the wiim dac . Marantz's is ok but cuts off at cd quality. I want to be able to use the full potential of tidal . I guess I continue to use my laptop with hdmi but that's not really to fun . I d like to upgrade to the ultra so I m gonna try audio switch see if I can figure that out ...

Why not just stream directly from the SR6013? It has this capability built into it.

Yea i can I was doing that before I bought the streamer with the built in heos that cones with the marantz. But the dac in the sr6013 is only gd for up to cd quality. That's why I bought the streamer to het better a better dac and take full advantage of tidal.

I use WiiM Pro Plus via RCA plugged in into a Marantz SR7015 through the CD Analogue Input. I tried both, optical and RCA, i guess your Marantz 6013 should handle both Connections for High-res streaming pretty well. It is not true that Marantz can only handle 16 bit/ 44khz. They Support Resolutions up to 24/192

You are correct , i stand corrected it can flac up to 192khz. I read that sone where on avs. So that's the same way I have mine hooked up rca through the cd input. Being hooked up that way , are we using the dac of the wiim or the marantz dac !?

You are correct , i stand corrected it can flac up to 192khz. I read that sone where on avs. So that's the same way I have mine hooked up rca through the cd input. Being hooked up that way , are we using the dac of the wiim or the marantz dac !?
If you use the wiim analog out then you are using the wiim dac.
If the av converts its analog input to digital then you are also using the av adc & dac.

Back