Qobuz, no music..

PlantTech

Hi, I've been using Qobuz on my WiiM Pro+ for about 3 weeks now without issue. All of a sudden I cannot access any music on Qobuz through the Pro+.

I can access the radio function on Qobuz, but no song tracks. A search for music returns 'no result'.

I have a current subscription, network access, I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I've exhausted just about every problem solving avenue I can think of.

Has anyone else had this issue please?

Just to make this sure: Which app?
Good point.. I've uninstalled Qobuz, but not the WiiM app. The only reason I hadn't tried that yet is because I installed the app on another Android tablet this morning and was still having the same problem.

So, to be clear, you have been using the Qobuz app, not the WiiM app, to play to your Pro Plus presumable]y using Chromecast? If so, it sounds like a Qobuz issue either with their servers or your account.

Can you find any music if you use the Qobuz interface in the WiiM home app?

If OTOH you've been using the Qobuz integration inside the WiiM Home App you could and should check your account settings there. Logging out of you account and logging in again (from the WiiM Home App) might help, no uninstall of WHA required.

But since the issue continued on the new tablet it might be time to talk to Qobuz support. There have been known cases where a glitch in the account had to be fixed before access from the WiiM Home App started working again.

So, to be clear, you have been using the Qobuz app, not the WiiM app, to play to your Pro Plus presumable]y using Chromecast? If so, it sounds like a Qobuz issue either with their servers or your account.

Can you find any music if you use the Qobuz interface in the WiiM home app?
Sorry for the confusion, I have been using Qobuz in the WiiM app. I've uninstalled Qobuz from the WiiM app. and reinstalled it with no improvement is what I meant.

If I use the Qobuz app. on its own ot through WiiM I can play tracks funnily enough..

I may have to contact Qobuz or WiiM support I think..

If OTOH you've been using the Qobuz integration inside the WiiM Home App you could and should check your account settings there. Logging out of you account and logging in again (from the WiiM Home App) might help, no uninstall of WHA required.

But since the issue continued on the new tablet it might be time to talk to Qobuz support. There have been known cases where a glitch in the account had to be fixed before access from the WiiM Home App started working again.
Thank you. I will contact Qobuz support as I've checked and double checked all my settings..

Hi,
I faced the same issue yesterday. My last successful usage was 2 weeks ago.
Looking at WiiM Home app logs (I am an IT engineer), it seems to be related to the Qobuz server certificate not being trusted during SSL handshake when the app requests Qobuz API :
Code:
2024-09-09 21:01:02.981 D [LPMSQobuz] getData url = https://www.qobuz.com/api.json/0.2/favorite/getUserFavorites?offset=0&limit=500&type=artists
2024-09-09 21:01:03.073 I [MUZO-UI] http request error:java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found.
2024-09-09 21:01:03.074 D [LPMSQobuz] getData error = java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found.
I have checked Qobuz certificate and it may have change a few days ago. I suspect Qobuz service to be broken in WiiM Home since Sep 3 14:59:35 2024 GMT :
Code:
---
Certificate chain
 0 s:CN = www.qobuz.com
   i:C = US, O = Let's Encrypt, CN = R10
   a:PKEY: rsaEncryption, 2048 (bit); sigalg: RSA-SHA256
   v:NotBefore: Sep  3 14:59:35 2024 GMT; NotAfter: Dec  2 14:59:34 2024 GMT
 1 s:C = US, O = Let's Encrypt, CN = R10
   i:C = US, O = Internet Security Research Group, CN = ISRG Root X1
   a:PKEY: rsaEncryption, 2048 (bit); sigalg: RSA-SHA256
   v:NotBefore: Mar 13 00:00:00 2024 GMT; NotAfter: Mar 12 23:59:59 2027 GMT
---

I raised a ticket to WiiM support. It is currently being processed, but according to my observations, I assume it will lead to a fix release of the app.

Last edited:
Strange - I can play Qobuz ok from within the WiiM home app on both my android phone and iPad. I guess you’ve logged out of Qobuz in the WiiM home app and back in again to see if that helps?

Strange - I can play Qobuz ok from within the WiiM home app on both my android phone and iPad. I guess you’ve logged out of Qobuz in the WiiM home app and back in again to see if that helps?
Yes, with no luck. No issue with the new (june release) Qobuz OAuth2 login : I am correctly identified in WiiM Home Qobuz service, but all other operations fail with the certificate trust error (favorites, searches, ...).
Maybe something related to Android version (I am using an "old" 7.0 :)) and the way the embedded Java version deals with certificates...

I have checked Qobuz certificate and it may have change a few days ago. I suspect Qobuz service to be broken in WiiM Home since Sep 3 14:59:35 2024 GMT :
Looks like Qobuz is using the typical Let's Encrypt certificates that are valid for 3 months only. I conclude that a ertificate change must have happened multiple times before.

The current certifier certificate has been changed in March already, so any trouble stemming from this change should have materialised previously ... unless the previous cert was issued by a different Interim certificate ... I don't know. :)

Let's see what WiiM come up with.

Yes, with no luck. No issue with the new (june release) Qobuz OAuth2 login : I am correctly identified in WiiM Home Qobuz service, but all other operations fail with the certificate trust error (favorites, searches, ...).
Maybe something related to Android version (I am using an "old" 7.0 :)) and the way the embedded Java version deals with certificates...
Hi, sorry for the delay in my reply. I am also using an 'older' android and wonder if it's (as you say) an issue with the older versions?

I can now access music on a newer android, but still cannot on the older version.

Back