Anyone else seeing 'no player found' in LMS?

Received a new WiiM Pro Plus last week to replace a dead Logitech Duet. FW 4.8.623428 on the Pro Plus. But, no joy. The LMS server just does not see it. LMS server sees my ancient Squeezebox V3 and sees Squeezeplay running on Win10 just fine. Everything is on wired Ethernet on the same 192.168.1.xx LAN segment.

Android app sees the WiiM Pro Plus just fine. Just nothing from the LMS server. I sent note to WiiM via the Android App feedback last Friday but still no joy/nothing magic yet. Any suggestions?

Received a new WiiM Pro Plus last week to replace a dead Logitech Duet. FW 4.8.623428 on the Pro Plus. But, no joy. The LMS server just does not see it. LMS server sees my ancient Squeezebox V3 and sees Squeezeplay running on Win10 just fine. Everything is on wired Ethernet on the same 192.168.1.xx LAN segment.

Android app sees the WiiM Pro Plus just fine. Just nothing from the LMS server. I sent note to WiiM via the Android App feedback last Friday but still no joy/nothing magic yet. Any suggestions?
Assume you have performed a Reboot. Recently, only a reboot has caused my Pro to be seen by LMS.

According to the WiiM app the Pro Plus has the latest FW which is 4.8.623428.

As for rebooting, I have re-booted the Pro Plus multiple times and it still is not seen by the LMS server. I have also re-booted the LMS server. Real Squeezebox and Windows SqueezePlayer program are recognized immediately but the WiiM Pro Plus never is recognized.

I believe there must be something to the statement early in this thread that : "....they were aware of the issue and were releasing a firmware update next week to fix this issue". Unfortunately that was on 7/17/24 and the latest FW was released before that.

According to the WiiM app the Pro Plus has the latest FW which is 4.8.623428.

As for rebooting, I have re-booted the Pro Plus multiple times and it still is not seen by the LMS server. I have also re-booted the LMS server. Real Squeezebox and Windows SqueezePlayer program are recognized immediately but the WiiM Pro Plus never is recognized.

I believe there must be something to the statement early in this thread that : "....they were aware of the issue and were releasing a firmware update next week to fix this issue". Unfortunately that was on 7/17/24 and the latest FW was released before that.
Send a ticket from the app.

Send a ticket from the app.
Used the app to "Send us feedback" item in the app over a week ago. So far no response. Did I use the wrong menu pick to "Send a ticket from the app" or am I just unlucky getting no response and/or action?

Used the app to "Send us feedback" item in the app over a week ago. So far no response. Did I use the wrong menu pick to "Send a ticket from the app" or am I just unlucky getting no response and/or action?
If you post your ticket number, the WiiM Admin Team will be able to check for you.

The email you receive after sending feedback tells you to reply to it in case you want a personal response. Did you reply to that email?

Never got a reply email to my "Send us feedback" entry. Guess I have to try again.

Finally got a reply from customer support and they said "Your LMS version is too low. Please upgrade to the latest version ". Since I never told them my LMS version not sure how they could know it.

After doing nothing with that feedback for a few days I just happened to notice my Pro Plus LED flashing and at times red. It looked like it was updating. Sure enough after it settled with whatever the change was LMS now sees the Pro Plus. Happy camper now. Just took 2 weeks to get there.

FWIW it had FW 4.8.623428 and now has 4.8.626448. So, I am assuming a bug in the older FW.

Back