Question Regarding Multiroom

Haim1824

Hello - I am considering by 2 WiiM Pros.

With my iPhone and the WiiM app (and two wiim pros) - can I have the Spotify play two different songs at the same time through the two different wiims? Alternatively - can I have one song playing through one WiiM via spotify on my phone and another via pandora on my phone going to the second WiiM? Or do I need two ipads/iphones?

Thanks!

Hello - I am considering by 2 WiiM Pros.

With my iPhone and the WiiM app (and two wiim pros) - can I have the Spotify play two different songs at the same time through the two different wiims? Alternatively - can I have one song playing through one WiiM via spotify on my phone and another via pandora on my phone going to the second WiiM? Or do I need two ipads/iphones?

Thanks!
Re Spotify, you’d need two different Spotify accounts, with one WiiM connected to one and the second connected to another. Spotify only allows one stream per account.

Re your second point, the WiiM app allows you to select whichever device you wish and then start playback on that using whichever service that device has enabled. You can simply switch to your second device in the app on that same phone and initiate playback there independently of the first device.

Re Spotify, you’d need two different Spotify accounts, with one WiiM connected to one and the second connected to another. Spotify only allows one stream per account.

Re your second point, the WiiM app allows you to select whichever device you wish and then start playback on that using whichever service that device has enabled. You can simply switch to your second device in the app on that same phone and initiate playback there independently of the first device.
Quick follow up.

Quick follow up. On the Sonos app - it is possible to play two Spotify songs from the same device (iPad) to different zones at the same time. Is this not possible with wiim. If so? Why?

Only when using Spotify from within the Sonos app. Using Spotify Connect to a Sonos system is restricted to the one stream just like the WiiM. Why is it this way? Sonos was there when Spotify was a little tike and there was no Connect tech. We could also ask why Sonos is the only system with an Apple Music app (CD quality only due to the system limitations).

Only when using Spotify from within the Sonos app. Using Spotify Connect to a Sonos system is restricted to the one stream just like the WiiM. Why is it this way? Sonos was there when Spotify was a little tike and there was no Connect tech. We could also ask why Sonos is the only system with an Apple Music app (CD quality only due to the system limitations).
Yeah, I wasn’t aware of Sonos having that ability - in my experience, it’s always been one stream per account. I mean, who hasn’t experienced losing the Spotify stream in the car when someone at home plays something?

I understand Tesla has the Apple Music app too, but nobody else (yet)

Back