Radio Paradise Cover Art on WiiM Amp

ccs-digital

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the WiiM Home app is now showing cover art for Radio Paradise streams on my Amp, a long promised and much anticipated feature.

Surprised because I do not see this mentioned in the release notes for the latest firmware (5.0.626857). It is obviously hardware dependant as it does not work for my Mini or Pro(s), only the Amp.

Unfortunately it still doesn't show individual track progress/play time (the RP interface on SONOS does do this), so hopefully this will be added in a future update.

I have found a bug on Android though. When using the full screen view in now playing the cover art does not change for the next track but instead reverts to a basic icon. Returning to the device list (which does update correctly) then re-entering full screen fixes this until the next track change. Illustrated in the included image where the tab on the left is running full screen and the one on the right is showing the device list view.

I have tested this on an iPad and it does work correctly on that.

Attachments

• 1724799046181.jpg
    1724799046181.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the WiiM Home app is now showing cover art for Radio Paradise streams on my Amp, a long promised and much anticipated feature.

Surprised because I do not see this mentioned in the release notes for the latest firmware (5.0.626857). It is obviously hardware dependant as it does not work for my Mini or Pro(s), only the Amp.

Unfortunately it still doesn't show individual track progress/play time (the RP interface on SONOS does do this), so hopefully this will be added in a future update.

I have found a bug on Android though. When using the full screen view in now playing the cover art does not change for the next track but instead reverts to a basic icon. Returning to the device list (which does update correctly) then re-entering full screen fixes this until the next track change. Illustrated in the included image where the tab on the left is running full screen and the one on the right is showing the device list view.

I have tested this on an iPad and it does work correctly on that.
Hi ccs-digital,

Thank you for your report. Our team will address this immediately.

Back