Radio Paradise through Roon - Whats playing

garethsnaim

Hello, not world ending I know but I used my wiims as roon endpoints. When playing paradise it just says main mix or what ever, I dont know what songs playing. Would be good to know whats playing

I can see it ok in the WiiM home app - is it something that Roon is stripping out?

Might be worth raising a ticket to WiiM to see if they can identify the cause.

I am referring to the display on the wiim ultra. Presumably roon is stripping it out, although I think it works fine through Ropieee which is a third party display for roon, so presumably it can work if implemented.

I am referring to the display on the wiim ultra. Presumably roon is stripping it out, although I think it works fine through Ropieee which is a third party display for roon, so presumably it can work if implemented.
Hi, I can see the metadata on the Ultra screen too as well as the app, so it does look like Roon’s interfering. I guess it’s ok for other services, best dropping a line to WiiM via the feedback section in the app to see if they can help.

Hi Garethsnaim,

We have reproduced this issue successfully, and our engineers will solve this issue promptly.

I don't know how quick your engineers work, but its working now! Perhaps it was a glitch with Paradise? (I don't play it all that often)

I don't know how quick your engineers work, but its working now! Perhaps it was a glitch with Paradise? (I don't play it all that often)
It's not a glitch with Paradise; the root cause is that we don't update the now-playing metadata when it is changed via Roon.

It's not a glitch with Paradise; the root cause is that we don't update the now-playing metadata when it is changed via Roon.
Interesting that Roon spent months certifying WiiM’s integration, yet didn’t catch this issue.

But isn't Roon sending the metadata over RAAT in this case?
I'd say that is indeed the case but you would expect that the Roon certification would require that a device witha screen should display what Roon sends it which is probably ever so slightly different if its an RP stream

Fair point now that I think about it properly. My brain’s awareness of WiiM only adding RP metadata recently crowded out any further logical thought 🤣
Well understood. My brain was also mercilessly flooded with endorphins when I finally discovered this new feature to be working. You're excused. 😄

Back