Recently had issues powering down . After a listening session I pushed red power button on supplied ultra remote nothing happened

Jackfate

After repeated attempts to re link remote had failed. Ended up having to do a complete restore.

Also have found ultra seems to reactivate ( power up ) after shutdown. I’m an electrician and expect a device to be powered down to stay that way. ( silly me)
Also found that cutting the power brings problems causing a complete restore situation
I really like this device but if this continues I will be forced to return.
Oh and if I get a software update that I find good for me can I stop updating?

After repeated attempts to re link remote had failed. Ended up having to do a complete restore.

Also have found ultra seems to reactivate ( power up ) after shutdown. I’m an electrician and expect a device to be powered down to stay that way. ( silly me)
Also found that cutting the power brings problems causing a complete restore situation
I really like this device but if this continues I will be forced to return.
The device has setting to go standby ranging to 30 seconds to never. If you want to play music you just choose your music and the device will activate by itself and when your done depending on your standby setting it will turn off.

I'm cutting the mains supply of my Ultra every night, sometimes multiple times a day. I do let it go I to standby, first, or press the on/off switch on the remote.

No issues. What exactly would you describe as a "complete restore" situation and how do you judge if you have arrived at that point?

There are a couple of possible reasons. Input auto-sensing could detect a "signal" on any of the connected inputs (even if it's just a voltage spike caused by the fridge). Occasionally, the Ultra might wake up on its own, checking for updates. Stuff like that. Cutting the power will safely prevent this,.of course. ;)

No.

I must do a factory restore if I want to ever use the supplied remote as it’s not functioning at all.
I tried to just re pair but it fails. The supplied remote seems to be the only way I’ve found to turn the unit off. I don’t believe it can be powered off by the app? The front knob/ volume/button doesn’t seem to shut the ultra down. Possibly I’m not hitting the units volume/ knob/button the correct amount of times?
I'm cutting the mains supply of my Ultra every night, sometimes multiple times a day. I do let it go I to standby, first, or press the on/off switch on the remote.

No issues. What exactly would you describe as a "complete restore" situation and how do you judge if you have arrived at that point?

There are a couple of possible reasons. Input auto-sensing could detect a "signal" on any of the connected inputs (even if it's just a voltage spike caused by the fridge). Occasionally, the Ultra might wake up on its own, checking for updates. Stuff like that. Cutting the power will safely prevent this,.of course. ;)

No.

I must do a factory restore if I want to ever use the supplied remote as it’s not functioning at all.
I tried to just re pair but it fails. The supplied remote seems to be the only way I’ve found to turn the unit off. I don’t believe it can be powered off by the app? The front knob/ volume/button doesn’t seem to shut the ultra down. Possibly I’m not hitting the units volume/ knob/button the correct amount of times?
Doesn't auto standby work?

So, it's working after a reset? For how long? When does it stop working? What exactly happens when you start to repair it? Do you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone and the WiiM Home App open to get live instructions on what to do during the pairing process? Did you mind to use new batteries with your remote?

You cannot turn the Ultra off. Not even with the remote. Like with most modern devices the Ultra will just enter standby mode after the period nod time you configured in the WiiM Home App. The only difference is that using the remote the touchscreen will turn black, while letting it go into standby on itself will display the clock (as configured in the WHA).

If you want to turn it off, you need to break the mains supply.
The supplied remote seems to be the only way I’ve found to turn the unit off.

No. You can just configure the standby timeout.
I don’t believe it can be powered off by the app?

The push button is play/pause. But be warned: Pressing it for 3 seconds puts the Ultra into setup mode. Pushing and holding it for 10 seconds initiates a factory reset.

Did you send feedback to WiiM through the WiiM Home App?
The front knob/ volume/button doesn’t seem to shut the ultra down. Possibly I’m not hitting the units volume/ knob/button the correct amount of times?

Last edited:
So, it's working after a reset? For how.long? When does it stop working? What exactly happens when you start to repair it? Do you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone and the WiiM Home App open to get live instructions on what to do during the pairing process? Did you mind to use new batteries with your remote?

You cannot turn the Ultra off. Not even with the remote. Like with most modern devices the Ultra will just enter standby mode after the period nod time you configured in the WiiM Home App. The only difference is that using the remote the touchscreen will turn black, while letting it go into standby on itself will display the clock (as configured in the WHA).

If you want to turn it off, you need to break the mains supply.

No. You can just configure the standby timeout.

The push button is play/pause. But be warned: Pressing it for 3 seconds puts the Ultra into setup mode. Pushing and holding it for 10 seconds initiates a factory reset.

Did you send feedback to WiiM through the WiiM Home App?
Thanks, got it

Back