Remove analog board from WiiM Pro / Pro Plus

jed1

WiiM Pro / Pro Plus consists of 3 PCB boards - digital board (motherboard + streamer daughter board) and analogue board. The digital board and analogue board are connected by a ribbon cable. Has anyone try disconnecting the analogue board (that contains ADC and DAC) and still being able to stream? I only use digital input / output and would like to remove unused part. Why? The analogue board can be a source of noise (my speculation) to the digital board.

WiiM Pro / Pro Plus consists of 3 PCB boards - digital board (motherboard + streamer daughter board) and analogue board. The digital board and analogue board are connected by a ribbon cable. Has anyone try disconnecting the analogue board (that contains ADC and DAC) and still being able to stream? I only use digital input / output and would like to remove unused part. Why? The analogue board can be a source of noise (my speculation) to the digital board.
This is why many of us want like ifi stream just streamer and digital out. This will reduce circuitry that otherwise create noise and distortion plus cost less since it uses less parts.

Well, I unplugged the ribbon cable, and my WiiM Pro went up in smoke when I powered it back on .... (just kidding, but Jed1, *you* try it first!).

Back