Resolution of streaming

Angelos58

Major Contributor
Is there a way to know with wiim home what resolution of current streaming? Bit and Herz. I stream from Qobuz and the source is Lan.

Thank you, but is it the nominal streaming or the real one?
I have confirmed when using LMS at least that the format and bit rate displayed in the WiiM app is of the source file and does not change when using a transcoder plugin so this is not necessarily what the WiiM is receiving but what the player, squeezelite in my case, is reporting.
The only way I have been able to verify is by using an external DAC with a display.

I have confirmed when using LMS at least that the format and bit rate displayed in the WiiM app is of the source file and does not change when using a transcoder plugin so this is not necessarily what the WiiM is receiving but what the player, squeezelite in my case, is reporting.
The only way I have been able to verify is by using an external DAC with a display.
So there isn’t in WiiM a way to know the effective bit rate

I tried with Audirvana Studio on my iMac connected wireless. My WiiM Pro Plus is wired LAN cable.
When I start Audio Scan, Audirvana register a Bandwidth less than expected. Like the streaming would be in wi Fi mode, but the Wiim Pro Plus is in wired mode Source: Ethernet. How can I verify that the WiiM streaming is via Lan and not wifi?

- Switch off wi-fi in the WiiM app.
- If you are a strong non-believer you can check in the UI of your router.

Good news! Then the ethernet cable is on his place and does the work.
Disconnect it and the WiiM will offer WiFi after a re-start. Connect it again and the WiiM will tell something like "you need to have an ethernet connection to disable wi-fi". Shorter version: If an ethernet cable is plugged in the WiiM it is in charge.

Good news! Then the ethernet cable is on his place and does the work.
Disconnect it and the WiiM will offer WiFi after a re-start. Connect it again and the WiiM will tell something like "you need to have an ethernet connection to disable wi-fi". Shorter version: If an ethernet cable is plugged in the WiiM it is in charge.
thank you. And why Audirvana in Audio Scan registers a low bandwidth ?

When I start Audio Scan, Audirvana register a Bandwidth less than expected. Like the streaming would be in wi Fi mode, but the Wiim Pro Plus is in wired mode Source: Ethernet
What exactly can Audirvana running on you Mac measure concerning your WiiM?

The bandwidth required for HiRes audio is far less than the bandwidth available with WiFi ...

I do not know. But some results are disturbing. Files that should be Hi Res and that are even Lossy on Audio Scan in mp3 quality

So does it only work when playing tracks using Audirvana? Surely it can't be used on tracks played directly on the WiiM.
It seems unreliable anyway based on this

Thank you, but is it the nominal streaming or the real one?
I had some email exchange with WiiM about Pandora streams. They had been showing the PCM decoded kbps (larger) instead of the source AAC/ALAC kbps (much smaller), so when they changed (in the UI), it was noticeable.

Back